Mummy Bellatrix

To say the Aurors were surprised would be an understatement. Bellatrix answered the door covered in ash, hair slightly singed and holding a piece of charred fuzz in her hand.

"Draco threw his toy dragon in the fire," said Bellatrix, as a way of explanation, "he thought since it was a dragon it would like being in the fire. Of course after it started to burn he wanted it back again."

She paused to dust the worst of the ashes off, then turned back to the Aurors, "Is this about Rodolphus?"

"Bewha!" A tiny voice whined.

"Do come in" she said to the four Aurors stood on her door step. Bellatrix turned around and entered the house.

The Aurors turned to each other anxiously, of course the news of Rodolphus Lestrange's arrest had reached his wife. They had come to question Bellatrix, go through Mr Lestrange's personal belongings and preferably arrest Bellatrix.

They entered after her to find she had thrown the burnt plush toy onto the sofa and was now stooped to pick up and young blonde haired child.

Bellatrix placed the child on her hip, holding him up with one arm. The other she used to gesture around the room.

"I appologise for the state of my house, but as you an see, my sister didn't take the news as well as I did, which is why I am taking care of my nephew." Bellatrix said conversationally.

As well as arresting Mr Lestrange, they had also taken Lucius Malfoy, Evan Rosier and Barty Crouch Junior. Taking a look around they understood what she meant when she said about the state of her house, there were childrens toys and books littering the floor, evrything one didn't bother to pick up when caring for a young child.

They thought that Bellatrix was a cold-heated bitch and a die-hard dark arts supporter, a follower of Voldemort. But right now they were going on rumors.

"Do feel free to check through Rodolphus' things. Though if you are looking for dark objects I don't think he kept any here." said Bellatrix.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Once the Aurors left, Bellatrix breathed a sigh of relief. They hadn't found anything suspicious, and had no evidence or reason to arrest Bellatrix, so they left her alone.

Never before had she been grateful to her mothers lessons as a child.

"There is nothing wrong with being smart my dear. But a man doesn't want to marry a woman who is smarter than himself. So to get a good husband, you need good social etiquette, wide hips and know how to be an extremely good actress. So play dumb when you talk to a male, they always want to be in charge, the stronger sex."

She had thought her mothers words were a load of bull-shit, but they had come in real handy just now.

Of course she wanted to be out looking for her Lord with the other death eaters who hadn't been caught or killed. But, no, she couldn't. Narcissa had a total emotional breakdown when Lucius was put into Azkaban, leaving Bellatrix to look after one year old Draco.