-Abe's pov-

I glared at the tribes man as he continued to belittle me for not finishing the job sooner. It wasn't my fault they wouldn't let me near the water without passing all the tribe customs, which was the most frustrating thing in the world. No phones, nothing of the new age. All I wanted to do at the moment was find a cell phone and call my family. Eleanor is probably thinking I was dead by now. Would she give up on me, or keep waiting? Then my Rose, I knew she would be at least walking by now and maybe even babbling english like words. Was Ellie teaching her how to swim? How big is she now? I wish I knew all of this but because of Manning and his stupid mission I was missing out on my daughter's life. It was the most painful thing in the world to feel.

" Fishman, I hereby grant you the right to continue your search for the monster. But if you do not find it on one moon cycle then we will be forced to kill you. I hope that you see that we welcomed you with open arms, but we will not wait any longer as my people are killed off anytime they go in search for fish. It is our right to fish by the right of the gods."

Nodding, I could feel my gills tighten with anger as I stared at the man.

" I completely understand. Allow me to get a nights rest before I continue the search in the underwater caves."

He nodded, but I noticed that his own hands clenched in anger. Here too sir, here too.

-Time skip one month, christmas time Ellie's pov-

I spiked the nog, who wouldn't when they were over the age. It was fun time at a bad time.

" Ellie, why don't you pu-"

Raising an eyebrow at Liz as she held my kid. Rose looked super cute in her little red and green dress and little black mary janes. Her hair was pulled up into pigtails with small garlands of holly on them.

" Hey Rosie. Hows my little thorn doing."

I reached out to hold her but Liz moved back a bit. Surprise filled me as she did.

" What the hell? Give me my kid."

I grumbled, slamming down the cup down and marching over to Liz, pulling my kid out of her arms.

" Fuck you."

I grumbled, marching out of the kitchen and down into our room. Rose didn't do anything until I closed the door.

" Mama, please no?"

Glancing at her, her big blue eyes were sad as she looked up into my own.

" I am so sorry baby. I'm trying hard. But Mommy is missing Daddy lots."

She stuck her lip. For bring only a little under a year she is super smart and growing faster than normal human babies. Leaning on the door I slid down, sitting her on my lap and pulling her to my chest as I did so.

" Baby, wanna hear a story about your daddy?"

She nodded, Clearing my throat I began.

" Your Daddy was a very brave man. He used to wake up an evil monster every morning. He always gave her yummy coffee, making her into a kinda sorta good looking girl. But one day when your daddy woke the monster an evil, evil man desided to steal the monsters coffee. The monster kept her mouth closed because her knew if she said anything the evil man would steal all her coffee. But your daddy being the awesome person that he was read her mind and relayed the message, but in his own words. Evil man didn't care and walked off. But the evil monster wasn't able to tell your daddy at the time how much she cared about him. She knew that one day that she would have to tell him, but she only told him after he had his heartbroken when his love died protecting everyone. Now the love had told the monster to take care of your daddy, even if he joked about not letting her have coffee anymore. But he found out that the monster loved him, he told her that he loved her back. Then they had a fantastic relationship until she had to go away for a while, and during that time she learned that she was pregnant with his child. And lucky for him, the child was an evil little bugger who hated coffee. But the monster loved him and her baby to the ends of the earth, but she hated how broken she is at the moment. Unable to show how much she loves her child. Her little thorn..."

I tralled off, tears falling. But when I realized that Rose had fallen asleep I smiled. My baby was too pure to be a product of me. I loved her so much. I couldn't do this to her anymore. I was never going to drink again. I was a strong woman who needed to be a good mother to her child.

" I swear that I will never drink again!"

I whispered, standing up and walking over to our couch. There I curled up with her and as I started to fall asleep I almost thought i heard Abe, but it was only my drunk imagination...right?