I Want An Adventure

I want an adventure with you. I want to run away to the beach, turning our phones off and just listening to the world around us and to each other. I want us to cry. Scream. Laugh. Confess our darkest secrets. Fall in love with each other. Find ourselves. Lose ourselves. Find ourselves again and then lose them all over again. A constant, never ending game of hide and seek that we both play on repeat until our hearts grow numb.

I want us to run into the ocean water with our clothes on and just splash each other. Jump around until our legs hurt. Appreciate the pain because the pain reminds us that we are here. We're living. Breathing. Experiencing this as it's happening. My eye make up will run down my face while I laugh, making it look like I'm insane. You'll wipe away the eye liner and mascara running down my cheeks and hold my face in your hands as if it is the world that you're so desperately trying to make better.

You'll lean down and kiss me, wondering why you never did this before. Wondering why it took you so long. We'll melt into each other as the sun sets, you taking the most important things from me to change and rebuild me into a newer, better person. Colliding together as if you were the day and I was the night, and we were Hermera and Nyx, constantly trying to find each other even though we've already been found--but loving the chase because without the chase, the adrenaline wouldn't be pumping. Our hearts wouldn't beat as fast.

Then we'll fall asleep in a shady paradise, captivated by each other.

The sound of the birds talking aimlessly to each other will awaken our eyes, realizing the position we're in. Wrapped up into each other's arms, hands intertwined, hearts wound together.

We will have to go back eventually.

Nothing this good will ever last forever.

But for right now, we'll forget our inevitability. We believe that infinity is a real possibility. You're spending that infinity with me.

And I'm spending that infinity with you.