Prologue

I never really knew how I felt about him. I always knew him, and I always loved him, but when I was around him half the time he pissed me off. But then their were those moments, those moments, where he made me think good of him.
My mother always told me "it's what they do, not what they say." My mom had told me a lot of things when I was young, and I wish she was still around to say them. Either way, he makes me think of what she said. You could say he's the living embodiment of it.
He ignored me so much when we were in high school. He ignored me so much he was always there. He wasn't there to kiss me or to talk, but instead was in my mother's classroom having lunch with her, or watching over my little brother. We'd always forget who we were those days. We were always acting like strangers until trouble came around. What once was walking past each other in the hallway without a second glance would turn into a call over to the back of an empty school bus to discuss our latest enemies.
I don't know what's happened to him since high school. I'm going to assume he moved to Florida, got married, and became a cop, just like he said he would. I really thought of him as my husband way back when. He was! But he is a Hans after all, and they never marry their soulmate, even if they know who they are. We were soulmates and still are. It's sad to know that truth.
Dylan and Ava, forever they'll be riding his bike down the summer wood trails..