Chapter 5

I struggled to comprehend the information I had just received. How hadn't I noticed? Various thoughts rushed through my mind. How did G know Harry worked for Karen? Was she just trying to annoy me? Because she was doing a very good job. I felt like there was a faint memory floating in the back of my mind, yet I couldn't quite grab what I was getting at.

"G don't be silly." I interrogated lightly. To think I was stupid enough to believe her for even a second. She was probably acting. Why couldn't she be serious for once?

"Seriously Dee." she replied sternly.

 It became quite clear she wasn't acting, nor just kidding.

"How'd you know, you don't work for Karen?" I questioned. What was G's game?

"I'll explain in the diner."

I cussed at her choice of venue. The diner was practically a run down club that happens to sell light-hearted meals and tea. Surprisingly it was popular but still didn't get my approval, it was a slag bin.

We turned around to return back to where G had picked me up, we weren't far so didn't take long to retreat.. She forced the car into a solid stop using the dodgy hand break. A loud clunk sounded as she shoved the stick downwards. She twirled the keys out of the ignition and urgently stepped out the 50's themed death trap; I followed hesitantly after her, lowering my head as if she were my mother, sulking like she had just slapped my bum in public.

G was making me feel guilty; using an awkward silence to get under my skin. She was a manipulative cow when she wanted to be.

As G kindly opened the diner door for me, I stepped in and eyed around. There were pink, green and white square tiles on all four walls. A semi-circle bar stood in the middle of the room. Small individual red booths with classic american diner tables in the middle surrounded the bar. It was elegant and slick, until you looked closer at the tea stains and ketchup marks on the floor. Ew.

G rushed to the first booth on the left, the diner was dead so she didn't need to whisper as she spoke.

"Do you want some vodka? Gin?" she openly suggested.

"G its 10am!" I was startled by her question. Sometimes I worry if she really is an alcoholic.

"Any time is vodka time." she joked. I didn't return the laughter. I didn't like the idea of her constant drinking habits, and I wasn't about to let her tempt me to join her.

"Now tell me about Harry. He doesn't work for Karen so don't lie to me. If he did I would know, I'm glued to Karen 24/7." I lied; I wasn't with Karen right now. I arched forward in my seat, trying to crack the snobby poker face G was holding.

She squinted at me with both eyes before replying. I leaned my head forward, encouraging her to explain.

"You may not like this, but he follows Karen's employees around when they're not at work. He was hired to inform Karen that her 'slaves' are not embarrassing themselves, and by themselves I mean Karen. I've seen him around you before, I didn't mention anything because I thought you knew."

I gasped at her suggestion. This was NOT true.

"G I know your jealous." I snapped.

"Jealous?" she roared.

I signalled her to lower her voice. I knew she wasn't jealous, I just had nothing better to say. I was lost for words, not because I was unsure of what to say, but because I was incapable of stringing a sentence together.

"Don't believe me? Turn around." she smuggly suggested.

I instantly turned, expecting there to be a spider on my shoulder or something.

There he was. Just standing there, his emerald eyes gleaming into mine, leaning against the lamppost that towered over the diner.

Harry. Just standing there. I felt my heart begin to pound, my palms gradually getting moister.

Hope you enjoyed this chapter. I'm really happy with how this story is going so far. Also, go check out my friend's fanfic 'Something Else'. It's about a bunch of my favourite youtubers and it's awesome so go have a read x