Strange place, Familiar face

'A sacrifice must be given annually for the gods to be satisfied. A girl, of the highest regard, beauty, talent and knowledge. She must be of age and native to the land. She must be dressed in ceremonial robes of the softest fabric She must be anointed with a chant and . Only the high priest may anoint her at the top of Poseidon's cliff. After the chant is executed, she must be thrown from the cliff facing the sunset. If the ceremony is not conducted in exactly this order.."

                                                         - an Exert from Poseidon's isle's Historical museum archives. 

"Mommy! " I cried waving her over. Ignoring her pained expression I smiled at the water allowing it to gently crash into me. It was so warm and welcoming, like a hug. I smiled as another wave came in. The foam gathered around me crawling up and then pulling away slowly. I loved the water.  "Mommy!" I demanded turning back toward her only to find her kneeling on the ground clutching her stomach and mouth. A strange sensation came over me and my heart began to pound. "Mommy?" I watched as the blood dripped from her hand before she fell over...and ...I was alone.

It only hurt a little at first. I had somehow manage to miss the rocks below and instead collided with the icy water. It felt so cold and un-welcoming at first, now I can't feel it. My whole body felt like lead, I couldn't move, I couldn't feel, I was sinking lower and lower. I stared at the surface, it was always kinda pretty under water...like a mirror of a rainbow. the setting sun glistening across the top of it as it gently recovered from where I had entered. The dress and my hair danced around me in a slow sort of waltz. I felt so light and so heavy at the same time. My eyes were starting to feel heavier and heavier. My lungs had already become numb...I was dying. My heart stung at this...'but I don't want to die...please I'm not..I ..' who was I talking to? there are no gods to save me...no one will come.. The loneliness i had felt grew. I didn't want to die alone and unloved. My throat tightened..my eyes were beginning to blur and soon everything was going in and out of focus. ' if anyone is there......Zeus....mom... Poseidon ..please...anyone....help me..?' finally my eyes gave way to the darkness that wished to claim me so desperately, but not before the shadow of something heading toward me caught my attention...I prayed whatever it was...would save me..

****

 i had the strangest dream last night...I was in the village, and my mom was standing next to me. I was confused at first, but I didn't speak, something told me silence was best. The sky was gloomy and the ocean dark. Like the world was in mourning. we stood next to our house near the beach, alone and silent. The house that had been my only safe haven, the place I held so close to my parents, and which was constantly lite. Was now dark and abandoned...Sadness made its self known in the form of a painful tightness in my throat. My mother grabbed my hand causing my eyes to fly to hers. but she wasn't looking at me, but rather behind me. I followed her eyes and found jake, the prison boy, holding a Sea lily in his hand walking straight towards us. He looked so sad...

He approached our home walking past both of us, yet not seeing either of us. Kneeling he stopped in front my home and as if the flower would break, gently laid it on the welcome matt that adorned our front porch which only got to welcome my singular feet. I glanced at my mother but her eyes stayed trained on him. He slowly rose then stared at my house for a moment, searching it for any sign of life, like I had before, and found none...like I had. His eyes, were so full of sadness and regret I wanted nothing more than to walk over and hug him. But something told me not to. Then he swiftly turned and left, retracing his steps back toward the village. I was tempted to go to the flower but my mom held me back. curiously I turned toward her only to find her gaze trained once more on jake.. or rather the hill where Jake had left...

I couldn't believe my eyes...

Everyone, all the villagers stood at the top each one holding a lily and an expression of...regret.

one by one they repeated Jakes actions. Finally the High Priest stepped forward and silently place a golden plaque on on my door. I stood there..staring even after they left. Even my mother had gone and I was once more alone. Tears spilled as I read the plaque...

                 'One lonely soul,

This home belonged to one lonely soul. she traveled alone and has now gone home. Tread carefully upon this land, for her heart was bigger then any before her. With this we may never forget, the lonely Daughter, Calypso.'

        and then...it ended....and I was lost in the dark.

My eyes felt heavy, in fact my whole body had. Heavy and cold...and dead. my eyes stung at the thought but I was much too exhausted to wipe my eyes or even open them. I silently allowed the tears to fall freely the thought of this lonely death and afterlife not much better then the life I had lead...saddened me, as I laid alone in the darkness...or so I had thought. Suddenly and quite unexpectedly warmth grazed my cheeks and wiped my tears away ever so gently. I would say my heart was pounding but...it wasn't..it wasn't beating at all. But a strange sensation was coursing through my body. Whoever had touched me, I felt I had known my entire life and yet I didn't. before I realized it the tears had stopped but their hands were still there gently caressing my cheek. Cool liquid entered my mouth as I was lifted to a sitting position. as it raced down my throat it grew warm filling me with its new found warmth. I felt my muscles relax and lighten.

"there now you should be able to move" my heart pulsed as the voice spoke. It was young and like velvet and yet filled with wisdom that surpassed any livable age. testing His words I tried to open my eyes though still slightly stiff they opened revealing unrecognizable shapes. I blinked a few more times as my eyes refocused. Before me stared back, were a strikingly blue pair of eyes. Eyes like the purest water you could find. they practically glowed as they stared into mine. "Better?" I silently stared when it suddenly hit me...an unknown boy was holding me after he just brought me back to 'life'.. so I did what any normal girl would  do..I screamed. "woah calm down there! Hey! would you..Would you stop hitting m-- CALM DOWN" I froze as I went to hit him again. For some reason I couldn't move. "There...much better. you are quite feisty aren't you? a bit of a fighter. I could tell, most girls die on impact...you are a lot stronger." he stated placing me back down on the, what I guessed was a, bed. I stared at him....much too shocked to really say much...if I could speak that is. This boy only a year older then me, who had this control, this strange aura about him, was now speaking as if he watched the process of my sacrifice.

"oh sorry you must be confused. let me start again then." he said standing straight and clearing his throat. "hello Calypso, and welcome to you new home....I am Poseidon, God of sea, and your Husband."

I felt the blood leave my face as his words hit me.... ' God?...Poseidon.........Husband??'

"well?" he inquired I felt a strong urge surge through me and my limbs relax as his control wore off. His eyes met mine...and then I fainted.