Epilogue

The first light of day broke through the window. Christian Vera rose from his sleeping bag rubbing his eyes. He felt around looking for his glasses. He could hardly see anything without them. He heard the door open and saw the shape of a boy come in through the door. He could not make out who it was. "Hey. Have you seen my glasses?" He asked the boy.

"No. I don't know anything. I'm sorry," the boy said.

Christian hissed at the boy and looked around. He saw three other people sitting across the room. He got up and walked towards one of them, but banged his knee into a chair. The noise made one of the boys jump and run out the door. Christian looked on in surprise.

He searched the room again and saw the two other people sitting up. He approached one of them and said, "Hey, you. Have you seen my glasses?" The person didn't respond. "Hey. I'm talking to you," he said as he put his hand on the boy's shoulder. The boy jumped at his touch and froze. This caught Christian by surprise. He felt so awkward he decided to leave the boy alone.

He approached the last person and asked, "You, have you seen my glasses?" The person did not move and gave no answer. Christian hissed and said under his breath, "bunch of freaks."

He went back to his spot careful not to step on anyone but stepped on two people accidentally. He sat back down on his sleeping bag and felt his glasses beneath him. "Ah crap," he sighed. He took his glasses and put it on. It was slightly bent, but he was able to fix it. Christian got up again and left the room. He was on his way to the comfort room when he saw someone going up the stairs. He chased after the person shouting, "Hey, you! You're not supposed to go up there. I'm going to tell our teacher," he wanted to go back down, but he was not able to see the student's face. He did, however, see someone continue up the stairs. He raced upstairs, but could not see anyone on the fourth floor, though he could hear a little girl's laughter.