Chapter Twenty Four

Start from the beginning

"You helped?"

"Well, of course I would! I'm a sweet tooth above all sweet teeth!" I said, smirking.

"Wouldn't that be Korosensei?"

"I'm a human, he's a tako. You think I can beat a Mach 20 on a pudding eating contest?"

"...No..."

"Smart boy." I winked.

~~~~~

After chilling overnight, we check to see if it's firmed up enough, then remove the cooling pipes. We loosen the bolts holding on the lid, and blow air between the mold and the pudding itself.

"Release the external locks!" Kayano yelled. Once the pudding's out of the mold, we glazed the outside with softened gelatin and agar, drizzle caramel sauce at the top, lightly roast the surface and...

"We did it!" We all whooped at our success.

"Oh man, I'm can barely hold on!" I cried, my hands itching to get my hands on the pudding. I felt someone hugged me from behind, and I nearly tried to kill him. Nearly. Turned out Karma's trying to restrain me from getting to that pudding. "Karma-kun, lemme go!" I whined, getting to the pudding slow but surely.

"Calm down, Aika-chan!" Karma tried to hold me back, but he's not doing that well.

Damn, how determined can she get?! He thought. "Can someone help me with this beast?"

I quickly stopped moving, and gave Karma a dark smile. "Beast, you say...?" A glint of wild determination danced within my eyes. "You haven't seen the The Beast yet." I tried to run like crazy while Karma kept me away from the pudding. "I could literally smell the caramel syrup... Oh how I love caramel as well!"

This girl's crazy! Karma thought. I gotta do something else.

He gave a quick peck on my cheek, then walked away as I tripped over myself and face-planted to the ground.

Did he... just...?! What...?

I just laid there, listening to my heart beating like a drummer boy. After a bit of contemplation of why it was, I rolled to my side, and stood up. I brushed the dirt off my shirt and skirt, then walked back to class with a cooled look. I pulled out a pouch full of macaroons and ate the strawberry one first, then vanilla, then chocolate.

As I was eating the last few macaroons, my dear classmates entered.

"Hmm? What are you eating, Aika-chan?" Karma asked.

"Macaroons." I replied bluntly.

"Eh? I've never had a macaroon before. Sharing is caring, Aika-chan~" I saw his finger twitch in temptation, just waiting for the word yes. I sighed, but smirked.

"It is, but no." I sealed the pouch close, then stuck a tongue out. "That's what you get for not letting me get some pudding."

Karma pouted. "C'mon, Aika-chan, just one~?"

"Fine, here~" I opened the pouch. Karma dug his hand into the pouch, but frowned. I devilishly smiled. "I ate it all already."

He rage quit on me. Oh well.

"We detonate the bomb just as the pudding around it is eaten. The moment the screen lightens slightly from pitch black, we explode it."

I froze. Explode...? But... I helped Kayano-san to make a perfect pudding, now 100 times the size... and they want to explode it?!

"No, no, no!" Kayano cried, bashing her head on the window. "The pudding I poured all my heart into can't go blowing up!" *Bashing intensifies*