For a moment I've regretted that I didn't pick a female superhero for you, but Iron Man was truly the first one to come to mind when you've asked me that question. Maybe it's because even though I've just wrapped my arms around you earlier, I've realized this truth, too: that underneath all that flashy, shiny exterior, you're made of stronger stuff. Not Iron or any kind of metal. Something else that's so uniquely you.

I think you are unbreakable, Maine.

Like an impromptu exchange, you also handed me a t-shirt that you have picked for me.

"It's funny because I thought you are Iron Man too," you smiled as you bit your lip.

After we paid for our purchase at the nearby cashier, you took the lead and motioned towards the beauty section. I couldn't help but smile as I watched you ransack every makeup stall with expertly inquiries to scrutinize their products. I just spent the entire time gawking over the glass displays and admiring the way you exclaim over an item so adoringly every now and then.

"I heard guys hate this so much." You whispered.

"Ang alin?"

"Shopping with girls. Aren't you bored yet?"

"I've had quite a few practice in the past, so I don't really mind," I replied.

"You've window-shopped with a girl before?" you asked me increduously, and I'm probably imagining it, but was that...jealousy?

"Uh, yeah. Well, she's a woman. My mom," I found myself explaining.

I can't explain why it made me happy that my answer made you smile.

You gave a light squeal when you finally found the brand of lipsticks you were looking for. You ran for it, and I thought: this moment is yours, Maine.

I decided I would give you five minutes on your own so I just wandered aimlessly by myself while keeping watch on you from several feet away. Out of the corner of my eyes, I spotted a big picture of your face on my left, printed across the makeup stand of the brand you were currently endorsing.

Suddenly, a sales lady appeared beside me.

"Can I help you, sir?"

"Uh, no...I was just looking around,"

"I can show you our brand favorites, if you're looking for gift ideas,"

"That's fine, thank you," I replied, my gaze still fixed on your face in the beauty ad poster.

"Yan po ang best seller namin ngayon. The waterproof mascara that Maine Mendoza is endorsing,"

An inexplicable surge of pride rose within me as I traced the outline of your beautiful face on the glossy makeup display.

"Ang ganda ni Maine," I told the sales lady, oblivious to the possibility of me sounding like a lovestruck fool.

Before I knew it, you were already standing next to me, and I had to stifle a 'susmaryosep' on the verge of my tongue when it occurred to me that you've probably heard what I just said.

"Saang banda maganda, eh ang laki nga ng bunganga niya, oh," you remarked, laughing.

"Her lips are beautiful." I told you.

"Naku sir, baka magselos na po yung girlfriend niyo nyan. Ma'am, for sure mas bagay sa inyo 'to. Gusto niyo i-try?" the sales lady interrupted, and the two of us have to stop the silly grin on our faces.

WorthyOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara