Intro. ♥

Ayesha POV

"Hello Ayesha" I smiled as I walked into the restaurant to be greeted by my mother, Loretta. Every Sunday, we would meet eachother at Sage's to discuss our week and just catch up. My mother grew up in a rich family, so she's a very high class woman. She's retired as a lawyer and is currently the owner of Lawrence Family Law Firm. She made me attend Harvard Law School, but instead, I became a police officer. Till this day, my mother won't let it go.

"Hi mommy" I said taking a seat at our table. The place was a mix of casual, but elegant. Ever since I was a child, my mother would take me here. When my father was still alive, he would take me other places behind my mother's back. But he died of cancer almost 4 years ago. My mother and I were pretty torn from the situation, but that's life.

"Sit up straight Ayesha, I didn't raise a caveman" My mother spoke in her stern voice. I sat up straighter than what I already had, which sent an ache through my spine. But whatever makes my mother happy.

"Yes ma'am" I said softly. She smiled before snapping her napkin out, laying it to cover her lap. I copied her action as I picked up the menu. As if I needed to. This menu hasn't changed since I was a little girl. Not one item added or removed.

"So how was your day?" She said linking her fingers together on the table. I sighed as I thought back to what a rough week it's been. From work to house chores to my fiancé, Daniel.

"It's been lovely" I lied with a smile. This week has been absolutely awful. I made exactly no arrests in the area, paperwork is piling on my desk, and Daniel expects a home cooked meal whenever he comes home. No one knows of the true stress i'm forced to go through day by day.

"That's wonderful, how's Daniel? Last thing I heard was about him was of his promotion" I nodded as I thought about it. He was promoted to Chief of Police at my station. A promotion I deserved. Its awkward to say I'm jealous of my future husband, but it's true. The only reason he was promoted was because of me! He took credit for a big case I solved, while he was out doing who knows what.

"That's good. Now, how's the baby making going?" I scrunch my face towards my mother. I love my mother to death, but she can take it a little too far.

"None of your business mom!" I exclaimed with a slight attitude. She chuckled before calling over our waiter.

"How are you two ladies this afternoon?" He said with a smile. Mainly towards me. I smiled back out of courtesy.

"I'll have the Blackened Chicken Penne, extra sun dried tomatoes please" I said before folding the menu and giving it to him. He nodded as he turned to my mother. She looked at me for a minute before turning back to the waiter.

"I need more time" She said quite rudely. I sighed as he chuckled before walking away. I turned back to my mother who sipped her drink before looking at me with a disapproving look. I was a little confused because I didn't know what I did.

"Don't flirt with that waiter, I don't need my engaged daughter looking like some hussy" She said in a harsh tone. I rolled my eyes before simply nodding. I shook my head as this was about to be a long lunch.

Semaj POV

"What you doin' here little nigga?" This fuck boy was on the corner selling supply. But I ain't seen this foo' a day in my life. I heard he was in another gang, but you can't trust every mouth on the street. Niggas lie like its 2nd natural in this industry. Me and my brother, Kenan, was at the top, so we was always targets of a new nigga everyday. I bodied plenty fuck niggas in my time, but there's always a new nigga!

"What's up foo'?" He said in a heavy Hispanic accent. Kenan had that killer look in his eyes, that's why they call him Killer. He'll shoot a puppy for pissing on his Jordans. He's only 19 and has killed more people than any other scavenger on these streets.

"Who sent you nigga?" Kenan said putting his brass knuckles on. The nigga was scared but tried to look unphased. He just looked at us without saying a word which set Kenan off. He swung a hard right dead in the jaw, which sent the foo' to sleep. I laughed as my brother got off him and dapped me.

"Nice work my nigga" I said grabbing little nigga's unconscious body. Kenan checked his pulse to make sure he ain't kill him.

"He's good" He said before helping me pick the nigga up. For a nigga, he's light as hell. Damn nigga, do you eat?! He threw him in the truck before getting in ourselves.

"What you wanna do with him?" I asked Kenan causing him to smirk. My brother was younger than me, but I swear he's a lowkey crazy. But he's needed in this business.

"Monster and Skull ain't eaten in a while" He said with an evil smirk. I chuckled. Monster and Skull are the gangs American Bullies. For y'all dumb bitches, they're dogs.

I was ready to put the car in reverse when my phone started ringing. Before I could get it, Kenan picked it up for me. By the look on his face, I already knew who it was.

"What Tameka?" He said rudely in the phone. Tameka's a lucky hoe who somehow got pregnant with my first daughter. Around the hood, every bitch want to be my baby momma or pin they baby on me. This one bitch tried to pin a 17-year old on my ass. Like bitch, I know I'm sexy, but I wasn't fucking at the age of 4.

"No hoe he busy...bitch I ain't ya baby daddy...fuck you and ya muscle headed brothers, them niggas weak suh...fuck you hoe, where ya edges though?...bitch I wish you would try my shit" I was cracking up. He hung up on her before giving my phone back. I chuckled before putting it on the dashboard.

"She said Anika's first day of school tomorrow" My eyes widen. It seems like yesterday, I had her in my arms as a baby. Now my little girl's 3 years old and bouta start learning. I can't say I'm happy about it, but my baby needs her education.

"That's cool" I said with a sigh. Kenan chuckled as he looked back at the nigga knocked out.

"That motherfucka' ugly bruh" He said before facing forward. I chuckled as we pulled into the trap. This should be fun.

__________________________________

@HolyMade

- Comment