"My Sergeant Bucky Barnes."

After the demonstration of flying cars from Howard Stark, Bucky walked Connie home both hand in hand.

"That was great, I'm glad I decided to go." Connie said with a smile

"I am too, and thank you for bringing your friend for Steve." Bucky said

"It was no problem, Steve is like a brother to me."

Bucky playfully gasps "He's like my brother too. You're dating your brother."

Connie giggles and playfully hits him. They stop in front of her apartment building.

"I'm going miss you, Mr. Barnes." Connie said smiling a little cause he corrects her.

"Uh, Sergeant Barnes!" Bucky corrected and Connie giggled. Bucky smiled, he loved her laugh.

"I'm going to miss you too, Connie." Bucky said then pulled something out of his pocket "That's why, I wanted to ask..." Bucky kneels down and holds out a ring as Connie covers her mouth with her hand holding back tears.

"Connie Gail Talahan. Will you make me the happiest and luckiest man in the world and marry me?" Bucky asked

Connie took her hand off her mouth letting her tears of joy flow and nods her head "Yes."

Bucky smiles and puts the ring on her finger and stands up picking her up and twirling her around as she laughed.

He sets her down and kissed her softly and she kissed back. When they pulled away, Bucky put his dog tags around her neck "Hold these for me until I get back." He said

"I will. My Sergeant Bucky Barnes." She said with a smile

Bucky smiles giving her one last kiss before she walked in her apartment building. Little did they know that was their last kiss.

A few months later, Connie got a letter from the army and she opened it reading it.

Dear, Miss Talahan

We regret to inform you that James Buchanan Barnes has been killed in action. I'm sure you'd like to know that he fought bravely in the end.

We will be sending you his belongings.....

Connie didn't finish the letter because she dropped it and fell to the floor crying with Bucky's dog tags in her hands.

All she wanted that moment, was a kiss from her Sergeant Bucky Barnes.