Chapter 1part 2

"No, he can't be... you don't understand Vic I think he is injured. Probably really bad that's why he hasn't returned. He'll be fine when you heal him when they bring him back though."

"I can't do that."

"You'd let him die! your own best friend! and you won't do this even for me!" I yelled

"I'd do anything for you, we both know that! But you still won't do this for me!" I yelled more on the verge of tears.

Vic studied me, a million thoughts swirling in his mind. He finally got it. He finally realized what I felt for Kellin it was more than a teacher student bond.

"I'm so sorry Emily I'm so so sorry... but I just cant"

After that I let him drag me away,possibly to get food.The thought of eating made me feel sick. After that I went to my bedroom and layed to sleep.

When I woke up mike was by my side.

"Emily, we're going to check he caves. You cant go into them, but you can come to the schools boarders with us if you want"

If it meant I could find out what happened to Kellin.... Vic came with me, I was still hurt with his refusal to heal Kellin. But a part of m knew he wouldnt be able to hold back once he saw him.

A large group of guardians were sent to check the caves, just in case the strogi haven't left. I sat on the ground and rested my head on Vic's shoulder. A Modi fire user made a bonfire so we can warm ourselves up.

Eventually someone shouted that the guardians were coming back. I leapt up and ran to look but what I saw drove me to a halt.

Stretchers...... Stretchers carrying the bodies of the fallen. Dead guardians their faces pale and eyes unseen..... A Modi threw up behind a bush. Vic started to tear up as well as I was. We started as the dead past us.

Finally the whole group had gone by five bodies, but it felt like thousands.... There was one body I didn't see. I ran up to Mike he was helping carry a stretcher.

"Where's Kellin..." I demanded "Is he alive....or?"

Mike didn't answer right away. I barely recognize his voice when he spoke.

"He wasn't in there"

I stumbled over the unseen ground and had to hurry up and catch up with him