28

Autumn gasped as she shot out of bed. Autumn looked around and realized that she was in the hospital wing. She felt dazed as she noticed Professor Dumbledore sitting in the giant room. He was actually sitting right next to her.

"Good afternoon, Harry. Autumn," Dumbledore said.

Autumn felt a giant headache come on as she sat up more. The memories of the previous night weren't on her mind at all -- until Harry had mentioned it.

"Sir! The Stone! It was Quirrell! He's got the Stone! Sir, quick—" Harry said in a rush.

"Calm yourself, dear boy, you are a little behind the times," said Dumbledore. "Quirrell does not have the Stone."

"Then who does? Sir, I—"

"Harry, please relax, or Madam Pomfrey will have me thrown out."

Autumn watched as Harry took a deep breath. Then, Autumn noticed her surroundings. Candy in all sorts of bags were all around her and Harry.

"Tokens from your friends and admirers," said Dumbledore, noticing Autumn looking around her. "What happened down in the dungeons between you and Professor Quirrell is a complete secret, so, naturally, the whole school knows."

Autumn smirked. Of course the school would know -- no one could keep secrets anymore, could they?

"I believe your friends Misters Fred and George Weasley were responsible for trying to send you a toilet seat. No doubt they thought it would amuse you. Madam Pomfrey, however, felt it might not be very hygienic, and confiscated it."

"How long have we been in here?" Autumn said, smiling at the twins attempted to make them feel better.

"Three days. Mr. Ronald Weasley and Miss Granger will be most relieved you both have come round, they have been extremely worried."

"They're here? Are they okay?" Autumn began to say, but feared her voice had been to small for anyone to hear.

"But sir, the Stone—" Harry said.

"I see you are not to be distracted. Very well, the Stone. It has been destroyed."

"Destroyed?" said Harry blankly.

"But Nicolas Flamel—" Autumn started.

"Oh, you know about Nicolas?" said Dumbledore, sounding quite delighted. "You did do the thing properly, didn't you? Well, Nicolas and I have had a little chat, and agreed it's all for the best."

"But that means he and his wife will die, won't they?" Autumn said.

"They have enough Elixir stored to set their affairs in order and then, yes, they will die." Dumbledore smiled at the look of amazement on Harry's face.

The three sat in silence, as no one had much to say. Dumbledore hummed a little and smiled at the ceiling.

"Sir?" said Harry. "I've been thinking. . . sir -- even if the Stone's gone, Vol—, I mean, You-Know-Who—"

"Call him Voldemort, Harry. Always use the proper name for things. Fear of a name increases fear of the thing itself," Dumbledore interrupted.

"Yes, sir. Well, Voldemort's going to try other ways of coming back, isn't he? I mean, he hasn't gone, has he?" Harry finished asking, a look of worry evident on his face.

"No, Harry, he has not. He is still out there somewhere, perhaps looking for another body to share. . . not being truly alive, he cannot be killed. He left Quirrell to die; he shows just as little mercy to his followers as his enemies. Nevertheless, Harry, while you may only have delayed his return to power, it will merely take someone else who is prepared to fight what seems a losing battle next time -- and if he is delayed again, and again, why, he may never return to power." Dumbledore looked between the the two as he explained.