Steinways and Schecters

We broke up. Why the hell is she still bugging me up until now? She's lucky Matt is about to become her brother in law and because I love him so much I wouldn't dare to touch her. Fuck I don't miss our relationship at all. It was shitty, full of her broken promises and lies. We've been together forever - ever since Val introduced her to me, she started seducing and I figured, why the hell not.

The sex was good. But it was like, an empty relationship created based on pure lust. When we talk, it's always about her, her, and her. She never really listened to me. Never even try to understand what I do or what am I good at - which is music.

Damn, music is my whole life, man. My brain is full of random tunes and riff from some song I heard somewhere, combined into a trickery knot of something magical that I call a melody. I have no space to think about her jackass friends from work, or her endless shoe collections, or even anything about her.

My God, I've been in a relationship with a stranger my whole life.

She's just not the one. It didn't feel right when we kissed. Well, sure I was turned on and everything but there's just no - sparks. Fuck me for trying to express this into some chick flick movie line but it's the truth. I feel empty being by her side. I can't stand her constant nagging and hungry for fame when we were together. I wouldn't mind the limelight on me but she enjoyed it more than I am.

I snapped when she spread a rumor about her being two weeks pregnant when I haven't even touched her for almost 3 months. I was on the road, dude. Who knocked her up? That rumor turned into a fact when she did her pregnancy test secretly and I found it in the trash.

I looked at the caller ID once again. Still her name.

"Is it Michelle?"

I looked up, Zacky was walking towards me holding a beer in his hand.

"Where's mine?" ignoring his question I referred to my bottle of beer that I asked him to fetch for me earlier. He groaned and stepped back to the fridge.

"You have perfectly fine legs. Why not fucking use it?"

I heard Zacky nagged over the fridge, looking for my beer. My phone was still buzzing in silent mode and I refused to pick it up. I don't want to hear her voice right now. The guys knew I have broken up with her but I only told Zacky about her pregnancy test. Zacky never liked Michelle anyway. Hell he even took an awful lot amount of time to get used to Valary.

"Just pick it up. Maybe there's something important she wants to say."

Zacky handed me a beer and I took it. "Thanks. But no thanks on picking this up. She just wants to get back together with me, that's all."

"Maybe the kid really is yours."

"Come on Z, not you too."

"I don't know, I'm just saying."

"We haven't fucked for almost 3 months. You do the math."

"Uh, too much information." Zacky held up his palm and looked away from me. I chuckled at him but when my phone buzzed again, I rolled my eyes and sighed.

"I'm going out. If they come back, tell them I'm around." I put the unopened bottle of beer aside and got up to my feet. I saw Zacky glaring at me and the beer.

"Where are you going?"

"Dude, it's Friday night and we're in New Orleans. The city of music. I don't want to be trapped in this God forsaken bus with you." I tossed my phone aside as I put on my sneakers and reached for my fedora hat from my bunk.

"Have fun. I gotta crash. I'm tired as hell."

I jumped down from the bus and placed the hat on top of my head, covering half of my long unkempt hair. We are now in the city of New Orleans, headlining for Rock on The Road festival tomorrow. The crowd will be massive, as we were told. I'm glad the fans can accept the new approach that we tried in City of Evil this time - less screaming and more singing.