The Twentieth Happiness - Epilogue

So here's the final touch to the FF!

I hope you enjoy it one last time! :')

******************************************************************************************

*5 Years later*

"Oho, is time pe theek se so bhi nahin paati main." Sonakshi complained to herself as she tried to sit up without hurting the baby. She was almost six months pregnant now and had slight difficulties to get up or lie down. Dev would always be there behind her like a shadow, but at this moment he seemed to have disappeared somewhere.

"Pata Nahin yeh Dev kahan chaley gaye" she thought gloomily. She needed to go to the bathroom urgently, but her husband was nowhere to be seen. Reaching for her phone on the bedside table, she thought of calling him. But just as she was going to dial his number, the door to her room burst open and in came Riya shouting, "Good morning bhabi!" Sonakshi was pleasantly surprised, "Arey Riya! Tum wapas aa gayi?" She hugged her favourite sister-in-law and then sat up with her help.

"Haan Bhaabi. Kal raat ko hi wapas aye. Aur aap logo ko miss kar rahi thi isiliye subah uthkeye hi seedha yahan aa gaye." Sonakshi smiled. "Achha suno, pehley mujhey washroom tak chhor do, phir aakey saari baatey sunungi okay?" Riya nodded her head and helped her bhaabi. Once Sonakshi was back on the bed, sitting as comfortably as she could she said, "Sorry Riya, tumhey aatey hi kaam pe laga diya, patani tumharey bhaiyya kahan gaye." Riya smiled mischievously and said, " Hongey yahin kahin. Aap chinta mat karo. And khabardaar agar apneye mujhey phirseye sorry kahan." Sonakshi laughed at that.

"Achaa yeh sab choro, bataon tumhara honeymoon kaisa tha?" Sonakshi asked wiggling her eyebrows and Riya turned a deep shade of read. But before Riya could reply, Sonakshi heard a voice say, "Ussey kyun pooch rahi hai? Mujhsey poocho. Sab bataunga!" Sonakshi whipped her head towards the door to see Ritwik leaning against it and smirking at Riya. Seeing the newlyweds in this position, she smiled remembering her times with Dev. Dev was just like Ritwik, cocky at all the wrong moments that only lead to embarrassments. Sonakshi laughed again and said, "Tumseye toh mujhey poochna hi nahin hai. Pata nahin kya ulta seedha bologey, aur baby will hear everything" she said hitting Ritwik with a pillow, like she used to before.

Riya piped in at this, "Haan Bhaabi. Kuch karo aapkey dost ka." And Ritwik just laughed at that. Sonakshi had enjoyed thoroughly in Ritwik and Riya's wedding and so had Dev. When he found out about Ritwik and Riya he was elated, which was a surprise for everyone, knowing how Dev was fiercely protective of his sisters. But Dev had become great friends with Ritwik which is why he knew that Ritwik would be perfect for his sister and would keep her happy even though had given numerous death threats to Ritwik in case he ever hurt his sister.

As she discussed about Ritwik and Riya's honeymoon in Venice with them Ishwari came into the room with a glass of orange juice, "Ab sab batey band. Pehley bahu juice piyegi, phir batey chalu karna" she said mock-sternly. While Sonakshi made a sour face, the husband wife duo laughed. Ishwari had given so much of orange juice to her daughter-in-law during this pregnancy period, that Sonakshi couldn't stand the sight of orange juice anymore. But she never wasted it, because she knew how much her mother-in-law loved and cared for her, just like her Dev did.

As Sonakshi drank the juice, Neha and Nikki came into the room with their shopping bags, so that they could show everyone what they had bought. Neha's wedding was round the corner and the Dixit Mansion was once again bustling with activity. Sonakshi was the most excited one, out of all of them. And even though she was in this state now, she always made sure the arrangements were going smoothly.

While all of them were engrossed in seeing the new dresses, Sonakshi heard a little voice se "Mummy! Main aa gayi!" Sonakshi once again turned towards the door to find her little princess Soha, nestled in her father's arms at the door. Suhana Dixit was born a year after their marriage and turned out to be her father's little princess, just like Sonakshi was. "Arey! Kahan chali gayi thi meri Soha?" Sona said outstretching her arms, while Soha jumped down from her father's grip and ran towards her mother and sat up on the bed beside her. "Soha toh aapkeye liye gift lene gayi thi!" Sonakshi looked confused, "Mere liye gift?" While she looked at everyone cluelessly, all of them tried stifling their laughter. Dev strode in and took a seat beside Soha and said, "Dekha princess, aapki mumma apna hi birthday bhool gayi?"

Sonakshi gaped. It was her birthday! How could she forget? Everyone else started laughing while she just sat there amazed at her stupidity. Pregnancy had so many side effects, and Sonakshi was sure, short term memory loss was one. Dev looked at his wife and said, "Par hum toh nahin bhooley naah. Isiliye aapka gift bhi haazir hai." Sonakshi looked at Dev, "Aur kahan hai woh gift?" With that Asha, Bijoy, Elena and Saurabh came into the room yelling a "Surprise!" And Sonakshi almost burst into tears. The Bose family had moved to Kolkata two years back because of Saurabh's business expansion and Sonakshi had visited them a year back last. So, to see them here on her Birthday made her feel content, happy and complete. She hugged them tightly and let them fuss over her.

Finally Dev rolled in the cake that Soha had picked and cut it with the entire family singing for his wife. As everyone fed each other cake and settled into the joyous mood, Sonakshi hugged her husband and said, "Thank you Dev. Aapneye meri poori family ko eksaath bulakar mera Birthday special bana diya." Dev kissed her on the cheek and said, "Happy Birthday Sonakshi. I hope main aise hi humesha tumheye khush rakh paon." Sonakshi put a finger on his lips and said, "Aap buss mere saath rehna. Main usi meye sabseye zyada khush hoon." Dev hugged his wife once again while Suhana came and wedged herself between them. Both of them laughed and Dev placed a hand on his wife's bulging belly and looked at his daughter and wife once again.

Life could not get any better than this. Life was absolute bliss.

***********************************************************************************************

So this story finally comes to a close!

How was your journey with my story?

Do let me know in the comments below!

Because my journey with Devakshi and you lovely readers was fantastic!

Thank you for showering so much love on this story!

It's because of you all that this story Shined!

Lots of Love to each one of you!

-Mishti <3