The Nineteenth Promise

Start from the beginning

Finally the Haldi was sent to the Dixits on time and they could also complete the ritual perfectly. Sonakshi sat quietly while Elena brushed her hair. She had finished wearing the Benarasi, which had been Asha's bridal outfit in her own marriage. Sonakshi had always dreamt of wearing it and this was the perfect moment. So they had decided that she would wear this as her own bridal outfit too. As Elena finished styling Sonakshi's hair with the flower around her bun she asked her sister, "Zyada tight to nahin hai na Sona?" Sonakshi smiled at Elena through the mirror, "Bilkul nahin. Teri hairstyling is perfect as always. Isiliye toh main tujhey itna trust karti hoon ki maine professional bulaney se mana kar diya" she told her sister proudly.

Elena gave her sister a big hug, "Thanks Sona. Main tujhey bohot zyada miss karungi. Tu mujhey wahan jakey bhool toh nahin jayegi naah?" Sonakshi hit Elena on the forehead and said, "Pagal. Kuch bhi bolti ho!" She took out her favourite earrings from her drawer and gave it to Elena, "Tujhey yeh bohot pasand the naah? Toh yeh main tujhey dekar jaa rahi hoon. Sambhalkey rakhna okay? Nahin toh maar khayegi!" Elena was almost in tears. She knew how much those earrings meant to her. Saurabh had bought this for Sona with his first salary. And she refused to share it. If she was giving it to Elena now, it was a huge thing. "Thank you Sona. I promise main iska achhey se khayal rakhungi!" She said smiling through her tears.

The sisters shared another emotional hug. To an outsider it must have seemed like a small exchange, but that small exchange held a lot of value for both the sisters and it described their relationship beautifully. Just then Sonakshi's phone started ringing and she smiled to see it was Dev. Elena wiped her tears and snatched the phone off the table and answered it before Sonakshi could blink. "Helloooo Jeeju! Pata hai naah Shaadi se pehley mil nahin saktey aap dono" she giggled. Dev smiled at his sister-in-law's antics and said, "Mil kahan rahey hai Ele? Buss baat hi toh karna hai" he said into the phone while fixing the topmost button of his sherwani. "Theek hai theek hai chalo de detey hai baat karneye" Elena laughed and gave the phone to Sonakshi with a wink.

Leaving her alone to talk to Dev, Elena left the room closing the door behind her. Sonakshi put the phone on speaker so that she could talk to him while wearing the jewellery. That was the last thing she needed to do to complete her look for her marriage. "Ready ho gaye aap?" She asked Dev. Dev's smile grew wider hearing her voice, "yes ma'am. Aapkey to-be pati ready hai. Buss Sehra pehenna baaki hai, jo pata nahin Nikki neye kahan rakh di" he said looking for his Sehra.

Sonakshi laughed while putting the second set of bangles on her left hand. "Mr. Dixit, aap kisikey pati banney ja rahey hai, ab toh apney kapdeye khud dhoondkey rakhiye!" Dev quickly stopped looking and said to Sonakshi in mock anger, "yeh kya Ms. Bose, apneye hone waaley pati ko koi aisa daanta hai kya." Sonakshi giggled again, "Jaiye ab. Thodi der me milengey. Mujhey abhi bohot kaam hai." Dev stood beside the window and smiled at Sonakshi's bossy instructions. "Jo hukum Ma'am. Mujhseye aur intezaar nahin ho raha. Aap buss jaldi Mrs. Dixit ban ke aa jaiye mere paas humesha ke liye" he told her fondly.

"Patience Mr. Dixit. Thoda sa ruk jaiye. Phir toh humesha ke liye aapko mere saath hi bandh ke rehna hai" she told him teasingly. "Aisi baatein mat karo Sonakshi" he replied seriously. "Mujhey yeh bandhan humesha khush rakhega. I am sure about that. Tum meri life ki best decision ho" he said to her lovingly.

Sonakshi became teary eyed and said, "Same here Dev. In 3 mahiney meye aap keye saath itney keemti pal bitakey I am even more sure now that you are the other half to my soul." Dev smiled. "Achha Miss Bose. Ready ho jaiye aap. I will be waiting to see you." Wearing the last necklace Sonakshi replied, "Main Bhi Dev. I love you." "I love you too, Miss Bose." He said happily. Before hanging up Sonakshi laughed mischievously and said, "it's Dr. Bose for you!" And Dev just nodded his head from side to side fondly, thinking of his cute rabbit.