Chapter nineteen

Long time no upload, again. Well here's chapter nineteen :)

Yet again unedited! I've decided I'm not going to go back and edit it till I'm nearly finished.

Enjoy!

---

“You’re it?” The girl facing Raelyn raised an eyebrow and scoffed. Carlton had taken her to meet some of the people involved in his plan. She could tell she wasn’t going to like this girl. She held her lanky body proudly and ran a hand through her short white blonde hair making it even more messy than before.

“Ivy, be nice. She agreed to help us willingly.” Carlton quickly scolded Ivy who smirked and sat down in a chair. They were in a small room with multiple chairs. Only 5 people were seated in them. Carlton included. “Alright, so this is only a small amount of the people we have. But I didn’t want to draw much attention so you will meet them at a later date. Right now we have Ivy, Jax, Harley, Brandon and Hugo.” Carlton quickly gestured to each person. All of them were either around Raelyn’s age or younger, except for Hugo, who looked in his mid-30s. Raelyn nodded in reply, feeling quite overwhelmed.

“As you can see most are younger, apart from me, Hugo and a few others you have yet to meet. This is mainly because your father seems to mostly hire teenagers. But luckily, most are already trained in self-defence. As for you we will continue your training. I know it must be hard but we need you to act like nothing has changed. You’re our best asset right now and we can’t lose your fathers trust in you. Jax will be your other instructor so when I am not there you will see him.”

“What about Noah? He was my first instructor.” Raelyn spoke up.

“Well you’re in luck there; he’s a part of our team also.”

“Don’t worry, I don’t bite.” Jax winked at her which took Raelyn by surprise. She hadn’t been allowed to see other boys, never mind flirt with them.

“Shut up Jax. You’re not as hot as you think. Get over yourself.” The girl, Harley shook her head. “If he acts like that, I give you permission to punch him.” Raelyn furrowed her eyebrows together in confusion.

“Are you two?...” She didn’t want to insinuate their relationship but she had to ask.

“Us? What?! Together? Heck no!” Harley spluttered. “I’m his sister!” Raelyn looked back and forth at Jax and Harley but was unable to tell the similarities. While Jax had ashy blonde hair and tanned skin Harley had fiery red hair and pale skin with freckles complimenting it. The same for their eyes, Jax’s being dark blue while Harley’s were green.

“So don’t worry darling, I’m completely available.” Jax leaned back into his chair flexing his muscles -by what looked like on purpose- as he tucked his hands behind his head.

“In your dreams. If you were the last person on this island I would rather be alone that be in the company of you.” Raelyn said with as much confidence as she could muster. She didn’t want to be given the reputation of a push over.

“Ow, you broke my heart.” Jax replied rather dramatically, placing his hand over his chest. Raelyn smirked in reply.

--

Raelyn had spent one hour with Carlton trying to get to know one another. She found it quite odd but didn’t object. Walking back to her room Raelyn’s thoughts were broken as she heard footsteps approaching her. She span around to face a guard, yet again it was a teenage boy with shaved hair.

“Miss, your father requests your presence.” Raelyn was about to reply with a snarky reply but remembered what Carlton had said about trying to get as much information she could.