Back To December (a short story)

just a random story that i wrote on a song by Taylor Swift, Back to December.

oh yeah, and i wrote this a long time ago, so dont judge... -.-

and its dedicated to fourletterlie because she has the best stories ever and she is my inspiration for writing... ish...

video--> obviously the song :P

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

         I found him waiting on a nearby bench in the park. Everything was white, under a thick blanket of snow, so he brushed off the seat next to him where I sat down.

"Hello." he said, somewhat formally.

"Hey. Nice to see you." I replied as casually as I could. "How are you?"

“I’m good, just really busy." I looked at him, but he was staring straight ahead, talking to the empty space in front of him.

"How's your little sister? Did she get that scholarship she wanted?" I tried so hard to act friendly, but he was acting so cold.

We continued to talk about really random things, talking about everything but anything important. The whole time, he wouldn’t look at me, staying distant.

And I knew why.

That last time we met. I remember how romantic it was with the roses and everything. Oh, the roses. I let them die out of anger towards him, when, really, he didn’t do anything wrong.

"I'm sorry." I suddenly blurted out.

He finally looked at me, but this time I was the one who looked away.

         I had learned that after I left him all I could do with my useless freedom was to think about him. Now it was almost a year since I dumped him, but I couldn’t bear not having him close to me any longer. I wanted him back. I know this sounds bitchy of me, but… I can’t help it. I need him. I would give anything in the world for a time machine to get back to that day when I made the biggest mistake ever, and stop myself from being so stupid.

         “You look like you don’t own a bed or something. Have you not slept well?” He showed some warmth, the warmth I’ve longed for. I started to feel more hopeful on winning him back.

         “Yeah, I don’t sleep very well these days.” Or ever. Not since I left you, no, I haven’t been sleeping. Every single night. The flashbacks of that nightmare sneak up on me. I haven’t moved from square one in the ‘letting go’ department.

         Especially on his birthday. I sat there, staring at the phone, wanting to call, wasting my day away. I've spent practically the whole year doing that. It’s weird how I’m the one that hurt him, but I'm the one that is afraid of calling him.

“I keep thinking… remembering.” I confessed, knowing he would know what I'm talking about.

         That summer when we met… it was the best one in my life. I could still close my eyes and hear his laugh, see him smile. I still know exactly the colour that his cheeks turned when he confessed to me. It was so sweet. When the leaves turn red, so did my heart. It took me a while to agree to be his girlfriend, afraid I’ll get hurt. But I agreed nonetheless. Turns out he was the one hurt. I’m still not sure why I did it. In December, with the snow, and the cold, I changed everything on that night. I still cry with the memory of those last words.

         “I love you,” He said, the second time in the past 5 minutes. “You know that, right? Don’t ever forget it.”

         I had replied with goodbye. It was so cruel, so harsh, and- for the lack of a better phrase- so mean.

         Now he could only sigh, bowing his head and turning back to his patch of empty space that I couldn’t see.

         I desperately want to see his sweet smile and his signature winky face on my phone when I get upset about something. ;) Somehow, he always knows. In September, the first time I showed weakness in front of him, the first time he saw me cry. I finally let him in and let him see the other side of me. I was so afraid he would want nothing to do with me afterwards, that he wouldn’t like me anymore because of my weakness. That maybe I would scare him off, for good. But he just held me in his arms and didn’t let me go.

“Maybe I'm asking for something impossible. But I pray for you to believe me when I say I want to try again. I'm willing to start from scratch and do it right this time.” I begged him, willing him to understand. “But you have every right to move on, to forget me. I hurt you, and I'm asking for a second chance that is probably impossible.” In my mind, I remembered that scenario when I made my mistake. I imagined changing my mind and keeping him.

“I am really, really sorry—” He stood up, cutting me off.

         “I’ll think about it.” Was all he said, before vanishing into the horizon.

         I sat there, in shock, upset that he left like that and not having an answer. Then, as I was preparing to finally leave the snow storm that just began, bringing a blanket of fog with it, I noticed something lying in the spot where he was sitting. It was a purple piece of paper, folded again and again as if it had been kept for a long time. I remembered purple being one of the millions of things we shared, as it was our favourite colour.

         On the paper, it unmistakably read: I will always love you… <3

THE END

like it? more'll be up soon... of other songs... and i fanfic for Marianas Trench too

i dont exactly have a story that has nothing to do with music yet... maybe if you vote for this and comment or message me ideas and inspiration ill write one? :)