The Plan; Iris's Point of View

Beep! Beep! Beep! Beep!  I woke up to my stupid alarm clock going absolutely crazy. That and my mom screaming "Wake up, Iris! Your Mr. Perfect is already here!" Oh great.  As if it wasn't bad enough that we had to go to school at this time in the morning, but now I also have to deal with my mom's mood swings. I already get that she doesn't like Duncan, so she doesn't need to keep going on about it like a two-year-old. If you haven't already taken the hint, Duncan is my boyfriend, and the only reason my mom has a problem with him is because he's not some nerdy over achiever like my dad was. Well, boohoo for her. He is the best guy I have ever dated by far, plus he drives me to school, so I don't have to ride the bus that smells like dirty sweat socks.

        "I'll be down in, like, 15 minutes!" I shouted downstairs from my giant bedroom, turning the alarm off. I took a quick, 5 minute shower before getting dressed and doing my makeup. I finished by doing my hair.

        I ran downstairs, snatching my backpack on the way. I went out the door, yelling a quick "Bye!" on my way. I got into Duncan's car, smiling up at him as I buckled my seat belt. "Hey babe," he said tossing my bag in the back of his old Ford pickup.

        "Hey," I said, "Sorry. I probably look like a mess. I barely had any time to get ready, so I had to just throw some stuff on and then figuring out what to do with my hair was just-"  I didn't have time to finish what I was saying, because Duncan pulled me into a kiss.

        After a while he finally pulled back. "You look amazing, as always," he said, brushing back a piece of hair that had fallen over my face. I blushed like mad, almost certain I looked like a cherry.

        "Thank you," I said, looking down at the dirty floor. With that, we drove to school.

                                              ☼☼☼ At School; Iris's Point of View ☼☼☼

        I walked through the doors hand-in-hand with Duncan, going into the sophomore hallway. Since I was a sophomore and he was a senior, we had no time together except lunch, which was after 4th period. I got on my tiptoes and kissed his cheek. "See you at lunch," I said. I always felt tiny compared to him. I was 5 feet 5.5 inches, a pretty okay size, or at least I thought so. But he was 6 feet 3 inches, making me feel like a pip squeak.

        "Okay," he said letting my hand go and watching me walk down the hallway to my locker, eventually walking away to go to his own classes.

        "So...?" my best friend Cass said, her face right next to mine. Our lockers were right next to each other. We had made sure of it at the beginning of the year. My mom just gave the school a fifty dollar bill and they moved her right on over.

        "Cass, you need to learn about personal space," I said, pushing her face away from mine. "And, what do you mean by 'So....'?" I asked, me being my clueless self.

        "Remember our phone conversation yesterday?" she asked, applying some lip gloss.

        "You know I don't remember that," I replied, "And would you stop with the lip gloss? Having lips that shiny is not attractive."

        "Alright, mom," she said in a mocking voice. "But anyways, last night you told me that you thought you saw Duncan cheating on you and that you were going to ask him about it today. So I want to know if you actually did it."

        "No, I didn't do it. I completely forgot. See, he kissed me to get me to shut up, and I couldn't stop thinking about it, so I guess I was too distracted to remember."  I said looking at the floor.

        The bell rang, signaling that we better hurry up. "Let's get going," I said, gathering my stuff and waiting for Cass to do the same. "Would you hurry up? I swear, you're slower than a dead turtle,"

        "I'm ready," she said, already walking away. I caught up with her and we walked into our first period class, art, and took our usual seats. Well, until some slutty girls in mini skirts and tank tops came up to us and pushed us off of the chairs, flipping their blond hair and taking our previous spots.

        "Um...excuse me? But those were our seats," I said, sneering.

        "Yeah. Were. Meaning, not any more." she said, her friend snickering. " Now get lost,"

        Reluctantly, we walked away, but not far. We were still within hearing range, unfortunately.

        "So how was last night?" Blondie number 2 asked.

        "Fantastic! Me and Duncan went to that Chinese restaurant down the street from my place and then we went to a movie and lastly, we went for a walk down Willow Street, near the park." Blondie number one said, shining those perfect teeth of hers in a smile.

        I guess I was kinda eavesdropping, but only halfheartedly. Until she said "Me and Duncan". That's when I felt my head automatically whip around to look at them. "Which Duncan are you talking about?" I asked, holding my breath.

        "Wow! The emo actually payed attention to something besides death," she said. "And there's only one Duncan at this school. You know, the senior." she stated, giving me a look that clearly said DUH!

        I turned to Cassidy, her mouth making an O shape. "I'm going to kill her!" I hissed through clenched teeth.

        "Not that I blame you, Iris, but don't. There's no doubt in my mind that she deserves it, but you'll just get in trouble. Plus, she probably didn't even know that you guys are together, or else she would have openly rubbed it in your face that he's ch-ch-. Well, that he's dating other girls. Especially if those 'other girls' were her." She said, wiping the tears that were falling steadily from my eyes.

        "You know what?" I said through the tears. "I think that I have some ruining to do." I said, putting on my mischievous face.

        "Oooooh! I know that look!" Cass said, getting excited. "That's your 'I'm-going-to-do-something-that-I'll-probably-regret-later-but-I'm-going-to-do-it-anyways look. So what's the plan?"

        "Well, I'll eat out somewhere after 4th period and then text him some stupid excuse on why I wasn't at lunch and when he drives me home there's going to be some yelling and then, depending on how that goes, I'll just get on the intercom and say something along the lines of "Duncan Johnson is a cheating dipwad, who is known for breaking girls hearts. Thank you and have a nice day unless you're him." I said, all the tears suddenly gone.

        "Now that's my girl!" Cass said, grinning like a maniac. I couldn't help but laugh.