"I would therefore like to introduce to you the new CEO of this company, my daughter, Arabella. In the past three years, she has been an extremely active member in the company and no matter the young of her age she has already managed to prove her worth and potential. In this limited amount of time she has managed to introduce new, fresh ideas which have benefitted the company massively in a variety of ways." he pauses for a second, a prideful look taking over his features, while a blush covers mine.

"I believe that with all of your guidance and support she will achieve great things. Of course, I, myself will continue keeping an eye on the company and its progress. Arabella would now like to share a few words with you." A round of applause follows, and as my father sits back down, I start rising from my chair. Facing my audience and maintaining strong eye-contact I proceed to talk, straightening my posture while doing so.

"First of all I would also like to personally thank all of you for being here today. Most importantly, I would like to thank my father for always believing in me, supporting me and teaching me everything that I have learnt up until today. He has been the greatest father, friend and tutor that I could have ever asked for and not a day will go by that his absence will go unnoticed. It's a great privilege and honor to get to work with all of you however and I promise to work hard to gain your trust and respect. I look forward to future progress and successes. Thank you." More applause follows and the members of the council are dismissed, the only people left being me and my father.

"I'm so proud of you, my sweet" Dad says, as he affectionately touches my cheek. To that I give him a smile.

"Thank you daddy. I'll make you proud, I promise! I declare, determination clearly laced through my voice as I throw my arms around him in a tight hug.

"I know you will." He embraces me back. "Now come, let's go to your new office." And with that, hand in hand, we head over to his office.

- - -

Dominic's POV

Sitting in my office I sigh deeply, attempting to stretch my body which feels extremely heavy due to lack of sleep. Abruptly, standing up in an attempt to stretch even more, my leather chair makes a scratching sound, my muscles complaining from yesterday's workout. Once again I glance towards my desk, looking over the never-ending piles of papers, hoping that by simply staring they will eventually disappear.

To my disappointment, they stare back at me, almost as if mocking me.

A loud knock on my door grabs my attention, to which I reply with a simple "Come in.".

"Dom, man, where the hell have you been?" comes the slightly cheery yet teasing voice of my best friend, who makes himself at home within seconds by putting his legs on the coffee table.

"I knew you wouldn't last long without me." I reply back, displaying a teasing smile on my face. 

Suddenly, his calm stance turns into a much more hostile one, his hands flying in all directions from frustration. "Cut the bullshit. You aren't even replying to my texts. When was the last time we went out for a drink?", He says, a serious tone now evident in his voice.

Sighing deeply, I avoid eye-contact for a second, feeling a slight ping of guilt for ignoring him.
"I've been really busy with work James, that's all." I reply shortly.