Chapter 2

The day of school approached, and soon enough it was the morning of and I was hopping into my leggings, already running late. I sighed as I looked into my mirror.

 "Oh well, this will have to do." I threw on an athletic V-neck, and winced as I stubbed my toe shoving on some sneakers.

 Due to the constant money issues, and frequent traveling I didn't have too many clothes, which I didn't care too much about honestly. Mostly my wardrobe was just leggings and old t-shirts, but I had a couple nice shirts. I didn't feel the need to dress up too nicely for the first day of school, especially to impress my peers.

 They're gonna see me every other day when I look ugly, so why dress to impress? Plus the people who judge based on first impressions are not the people I want to be friends with anyways.

Mom had already left for work considering that her job started at pretty much five, and it was nearly seven. School started at seven twenty and I wanted to be there by seven, just so I could get a feel of the place.

 They'd had schedule pickup a week or two before I moved here, so I'd just have to pick it up before school starts. Considering I was already running late, I decided against eating cereal, grabbing an apple instead, I went outside and started walking.

 Obviously, Mom got the car for work, but I didn't mind too much. School was only a little bit of a walk, really, everything was a little bit of a walk away in town. It was a small town, and if needed I could get the essentials within a walking distance.

 I was in viewing distance of the school when a truck sped past me, hitting a puddle at just the right angle, causing a thin layer of water to be thrown at me. I sighed, wanting the day to be over already. I tossed my bag onto the other side of me that wasn't damp, and kept walking.

 Once I had safely made it to the school, it was a little later than I wanted to be, 7:05, but honestly it was a lot easier to find the office than I thought it would be so I had my schedule in my hands by 7:10 and was in my first hour by 7:15.

 I didn't really get lost, it wasn't too big of a school, and there were some super helpful numbers on the wall indicating where things were.

 My first hour was English, a subject I would prefer not to wake up to every morning, but oh well.

 I just sat in the middle row of seats, my head down texting Sarah, until the bell rang, and the teacher walked in. I tucked my phone into my bag, checking to be sure the ringer was off.

 "Hello everyone,"

 I looked to the front of the classroom, and studied the teacher. Late 50's maybe. He had gray hair and he looked like he'd be an old rude fart, but the giant grin he had on his face made me think he was a cool teacher.

"As you all already know, I'm Mr.Standford, " He paused and looked around the room. "I think I had the majority of you for English 1, so welcome back," I groaned inwardly. The kids all already knew each other, and now the teachers are in on the group too?

 I peered around the classroom, and no one really stood out. My eyes landed back on the teacher a minute later, but he was looking down at a sheet of paper. "Alright, you guys, I'm going to take attendance so just say here when I call your name,"

 Everyone was getting kind of rowdy, which made sense. No one was in the school rhythm yet, and they were all friends, so naturally they would be chatty. I preferred to be quiet at seven thirty in the morning, but maybe that's just me.

 "Adam Argon,"

"Here,"

 "Sarah Brandson,"