1) Awoken Wonder

‘Nadia.’

I ignored it.

‘NADIA.’ I had the urge to ignore it again for it was almost midnight and I had intentions of going to school without ‘insomniac’ written all over my face.

‘NADIA IF YOU DON’T COME NOW IT’S GONNA KILL M-’ I swung his door open with the little energy I had.

‘What. If it’s another spider Aidan I swear I’m going to tell everyone that you came out of the closet. What is wrong with you?’

‘I like Ashley.’

‘YOU WHAT?’

I was beyond exasperated.

He kept that irritating smile on his face.

‘You…like…. the only civilized friend I have?’

This was beyond my understanding at the moment.

He always chose the wrong timing to tell me these things.

One day I’ll need a personal psychologist to carry around because of this boy.

 ‘Our eyes locked today and I felt as if I was locked in a room and-’

 I completed his pick up line. ‘And she was the last intake of oxygen left. Yeah whatever. But you already know how much she likes Alex.’

‘Look at it this way. Pin her on me and you got Alex all to yourself.’

‘I don’t want Alex all to myself. My best friend is head over heels for him, how could I do that to her anyway?’

‘I bet if she wasn’t in your way, I can imagine the enchanting eyes your children will have.’

 ‘I’m done with this.’ I walked into my room.

 I wanted to sleep so badly.

 I heard something bang into my window.

I was so scared because it was so loud; I buried myself within the sheets and my chest burned.

A few minutes after, it happened again…and again.

I’m the ‘man’ of the upstairs. Aidan was afraid of spiders so he was the last person I’d resort to for such a situation.

I crept over the window and snuck a peek through the edge of the curtain.

Unbelievable.

I could barely make out the figure under the dim streetlights.

That figure hard to not distinguish.

He was looking at the window awaiting a reaction.

Alex.