Untitled Part 1

One Shot #1 - Can I Tell You A Secret?

I groggily wake up to the sight of the warm sunshine peeking its way through the bedroom window, making me silently grumble in disbelief. Waking up early really isn't my thing!

My eyes automatically land on Manik, who's sleeping like a baby, and so I don't think he realises that his strong arm is wrapped around my waist, almost pinning me down to the bed.

I blankly stare at him for a while, noticing his infamous smirk grow wider, despite the fact that he's still half-asleep.

"Staring is rude, Nandini." Manik quips in his raspy morning voice, making me roll my eyes as I knew I should've expected a witty remark if he caught me looking at him.

"I wasn't staring, actually. I was mentally pitying the stupid twat I had to marry because he can't handle my awesomeness." I taunt, a smug smile playing on my lips as Manik scoffs and pulls the duvet back on to his head.

"Don't think so highly of yourself, love. It's you who can't handle my awesomeness." He says, and I can tell that he indeed is smirking under the covers. If only Manik realises that the only thing he's awesome at is not being awesome at all.

Ignoring his stupid comments, I leap up from the bed and stroll towards the curtains to open them, letting the light softly penetrate through the windows. It wasn't warm sunshine, it was kind of cold, which was perfect for me because I absolutely love winter.

For me, waking up early is one of the most impossible tasks in the universe. Why you may ask? Well, when your 'darling' rockstar husband keeps you awake every single night with his monstrous snoring, you will feel like punching a wall, or better yet, punching him. I'd bot kept him Monster Manik just for saying.

"Ignoring me, are we, Mrs. Malhotra?" Manik laughs, causing my heart to flutter very uncontrollably.

Of course, I've known that that it's been my name for for two years now, and tomorrow will mark three years of me being 'Mrs. Nandink Manik Malhotra.' I may seem like one of the luckiest girls in the entire world to be married to such a famous bandguy, but what's the point of marriage when you've fallen for your husband and he doesn't feel anything 'special' towards you?

"No. I was, uh. . . Thinking of something." I state, not daring to look up at Manik because the way he looks every morning, with the sexy, messy hair and the naughty sparkle in his eyes drives me absolutely crazy.

But . . . Here's the thing. Though the whole world sees us as 'the ideal couple', it's hard to view us as one in reality. We rarely spend time with each other as Manik's always out of the city due to concerts and I'm constantly working on my novels, day and night.

And those rare days that the both of us aren't busy at the same time are days I secretly treasure, knowing that they won't last forever. Eventually, they come to an end and the viscous cycle of us forgetting that we have a significant other will start all over again.

The only reason Manik and I are married is because his mum and my mum are good friends, best friends in fact, and they thought that we'd be perfect for each other. Putting our jokes aside, Manik and I don't really talk to each other that much. Just those casual hi's, hello's and how are you's.

"Thinking? Thinking of what?" Manik asks whilst walking up to me. I freeze, not knowing how to answer his question because how could I tell Manik that I was thinking of my love for him, when he doesn't reciprocate the feeling?

"Oh, um. . . Just how the weather is really nice today." I chuckle in the spur of the moment, whilst looking out of the window. The cool sunlight gently sparkles on everything in our garden, from the pretty flowers to the garden furniture.