Rainfall's New Family/Disorder!

Rainfall's Point Of View:

The new house my makeshift parents had bought was beautiful. The house was adorable. It was a small two story house that had been painted a cream color with the brightest yellow roofing. The house had been designed in a shape resembling the letter 'L'.

This meant that there was a gap where the fourth corner of the structure would have been. Instead of a corner there was a pretty covered porch. The house had stones as part of the outside walls for a pretty finish.

The first floor contained; the kitchen, living room, study, and bathroom. The upper level held; two bedrooms, a bathroom, and an entertainment area.

The outside was surrounded by forest, and we had a small garden behind the house.

I stepped into the house. House not home, they would get sick of me eventually. Home is for people who deserve to be living, not abandoned witches like me.

Writing style switch:

"Baby is back. School goes well, eh? You meet strong boy to take care of you?" My makeshift father is a mountain of a man; 6 feet 6 inches, short dark hair, large nose, dark brown eyes, large mouth, thick accent, and I kid you not, the man's name is Hercules. 

Hercules struts over to me. I can feel the wetness coming to my eyes. I feel the lump in my throat turn to fire. Hercules sighs away his loud breath.

"Baby comes to Daddy. Daddy makes his princess better." I look up to this huge man, I want to believe. I remember my promise to not let anyone hurt me again.

Hercules becomes tired of my waiting, he expected me to run to him, I am sure. There is just something about him, you do not want to disobey.

Hercules is one of those believers. He believes that I can be helped. He believes that all I need is love and tender care. Hercules also believes that I am the child that his husband could not have. Therefore I am his princess.

I force my eyes to the floor infront of us. I force myself away from his love. But he isn't having any of this, and he reaches down to grab my hips. My legs go around his hips and he supports my bottom and back.

Hercules coos to me in his sure voice. He coos to me like I am his child. He coos about my beauty. He coos about my wit. Lastly he coos about me being his baby.

Finally after walking me around in his grip and bouncing me slightly like a child, we sit on the couch.

"Tell Daddy about the plague in your head." I freeze and make to pull off of him, but Hercules grips my hips and holds me in place.

"They hurt me." I whisper into the giant's chest. When there is only silence to my confession, I continue.

"Cassandra is the one who takes over to show my anger. She takes control of my head. I say horrible things to people. I do horrible things. I am a horrible thing.

Julie is like a mother to me. She calms my other personalities. She soothes me.

Luca is shy, and very child like. He makes me blush and worry. Other times he just forces me to enjoy small things. Like puddles or candy.

I do not understand why, or how... But they force me to speak things and act in ways that are not me.

They talk to me in my mind. They speak to me in the same fashion I hold conversations. I just want..." I trail off with an unfinished sentence. What do I really want?

"I want to be me again. The way I was before; my mother left me, I was weird, I heard voices, I hated myself, the way I was before I was not wanted. I want you and Papa to love me. I want you both to promise to keep me and mean it as well. I want this new house to be my home. I want all of it, but I cannot let myself be hurt again. Every family I was accepted into left me. They all found flaws in me that could not be over looked. You'll leave me too, won't you?"

I am crying now. I feel a twinge of both irritation and sadness.

The irritation is caused by the fact that I broke my promise. Now that Hercules is aware of my mental state, he and his husband will leave. I will be brought back to the orphanage. He always says things to me, sweet things. I will miss that, but it was all lies.

He did not love me. Hercules always promises to keep me. Saying sweet little lies: "You are my princess. You never go back to bad family again. You stay here forever with Daddy and Papa. Daddy knows best for child."

Just the thought of those sweet lies brings forth new tears. I want to believe him. I want to believe in everything that he sees within me. Would it still be breaking my promise, if I let him love me?

"Rainfall, listen to me. Those other families do not know how to handle you. They think you break too easily. It is okay to break sometimes. You are scared. You are scared of us leaving you. All you know is pain. I not let anyone hurt my baby. You are family. We take care of our own. You see, we never leave you alone. Princess, Daddy chose you for reason. You know reason? No, I tell you. I see angel when I walk into orphanage. I see your eyes, and I die. Your eyes were so old in young body. I saw pain. More pain than any man should see in life time. I also see promise. I see promise in eyes to make people happy. I look in eyes now, I see pain. I promise to you. Promise to never let you hurt like that again. But baby must promise to try. Can do that? Try?"

I hesitate for a moment. If I say yes what will become of me? Cassandra reminds me that it cannot be any worse than what I am now. What of my earlier promise? Cassandra curses like a sailor and refuses to let me keep control if I do not say yes.

I look up to Hercules' eyes. They are so full of passion and love. I also see a fire, a spark, an ember. A promise to fight for me. My decision is made before I even open my mouth.

"I believe you. I will try to push away my fear. I will try to let us be a family."