Chapter Two

Damien P.O.V.)

" Calvin...?"

I felt a lump grow in my throat. Where did you go? 

You know where he is ...

"Calvin?"

My hands are dry, the liquid used to be thick and warm, now, it's just another stain. I dropped the rock I gripped in my hand so tight it might have crumbled any second and looked unapologetically at the body next to my feet.

He's not coming back ...

... The only breathing i hear is my own, my anger is brewing once again, why isn't he waking up ? "Why aren't you waking up?!!"

This time, not even the god's can make him come back ...

I kicked, scratched, slapped "Calvin ... Calvin! Wake the fuck up! I said wake up! You fucking piece of shit!! Wake the fuck up!" I couldn't help my sudden need for wanting to destroy him.

I shuddered and felt my world crashing down as I faintly caressed his skin which was now icy cold, "Calvin ... baby ... wake up ... please ... please?"                                                                                                   He's not coming back

The wind brushed his hair. I stood there, in silence, staring 

~~~~~

Seventeen years ago, Damien, Age Twelve

" You damned brat what do you think you are goin' to do if Mother Rosette finds out you didn't hang up the clothing?" Yelled the white haired old man sitting in front of me.

Father Judas was beginning to preach uughh ...

"I know, I know, but I'd rather see Father sculpt fascinating creatures out of wood!" I explained cheerfully as the old man stood up.

"Let's go, I'll help you out ..." 

I always loved it when he did this  because he would grumble and frown but was always the first to suggest a helping hand.

"Do you even like helping here at the orphanage?"

His face lit up again showing a mouthful of glistening teeth.

"Of course you cheeky brat! Why else would I be here then?!" He explained after smacking me on the back of my head.

He then pat me on the back and led me back to the brown rusty building I lived in.

"But Father Judas, you always furrow your brows and scrunch up your nose before having to do something."

I smirked as he gave me a dorky death glare and he responded, " Because I am lazy. That is not a good thing child, to be sloth-like is a sin, you must understand at your young age that you only kill yourself by sleeping in."

 "It's alright Father, I'll let you shimmer in the morning sun."

"God knows nobody else does ..." he joked as we reached the pile of wet clothes with a pissed off Mother Rosette standing next to it.

"I sure know I don't, I'll look like a dork!" I yelled before hidding behind him.

"Damien!" 

"Yes Mother Rosette?" I asked with an attitude, which ended with Father Judas smacking me lightly.

"Sorry Mother Rosette, I side-tracked him on accident. We began our conversation and lost track of time ... don't scold him, I'll help him out and we'll finish in half the time."

Oh, yeah! He saving my butt!! I freaking love you Father Judas!!

"Don't defend him, he's done this far too many times, he needs to learn to do things when asked so I will add more chores to his list, so please do not help."

"Aw, NO!! Please, I'm sorry! I'll never do it again!" She began walking away as I pleaded, I think she just didn't want to see my face because she would take it back. That's what always happened; she would yell at me and give me a punishment, I would plead for to take it back and stand right in front of her so she could see my tears that were ready to fall, then she would stare at me for a long while and would take the punishment back, after I would go run to Father Judas and follow him around for the rest of the day.

"Oh, well, I guess I'll just have to watch." Father Judas said cooly before pulling a stool up and beginning once again the long process he had paused just a few minutes earlier.

"Seriously?! You guys are going to do this to me?"

"It's either this or I go back to prayer and then you wont even have a companion here to talk to." He countered with a sly smile.

"Not fair! Don't leave!"

Authors note :

 >_< havent had much sleep lately so i feel like shit

                                                               Bye ------- J.D.