Chapter One

In which a box falls out of the sky

So. This is my first crossover. It's also my first fanfiction (kind of not really), but I hope you like it! If you haven't read the I Am Number Four series, I really suggest that you read it. There may be some spoilers for that series, but there should be few to none for Doctor Who, which you should watch if you haven't already. Anyway, I hope you enjoy!

I don't own Doctor Who, which belongs to the BBC, or the I Am Number Four series, which belongs to Pittacus Lore. The only thing that I own is Evalyn, unless I add any other characters.

-----

The breeze buffeted the corn in the fields surrounding the small town. The sign at the entrance to the town read "Welcome to Paradise, Ohio. Population: 5,243." It was a clear, peaceful night. The stars were twinkling and the only sounds were the crickets chirping and the wind dancing around the plants and buildings. At least, it was peaceful until a groaning, wheezing sound filled the sir, announcing the materialization of a blue box falling out of the sky.

The box touched down in one of the corn fields, kicking up a small cloud of dirt and broken corn stalks as it rolled and tumbled to a stop. A man stumbled out of the box, a dazed expression on his face.

He was wearing a navy blue suit with a brown trench coat and converse. He had sideburns and hair that looked like it had been stuck in an electrical socket, although that may have been because of the rough landing that he had experienced only moments before. His clothes were tattered and he obviously had no idea where he was or how he had gotten there.

"Doctor? What happened? Where are we? When are we?" a female voice called from inside the box, which the man was trying to push into a standing position from where it had landed on its side.

"I don't know, but you should come out. It's safer out here than it is in there," he called back before muttering "I think" to himself. A young woman stumbled out of the box, her fiery red hair lit from behind by the orange glow coming from inside.

The town was still asleep, oblivious to the chaos that had just occurred outside. The man, done righting the box, glanced around one more time before walking off into the field, followed quickly by the girl.