flower

you see a flower grow just like a person.
the seed is in the ground and they're sort of quiet. then someone comes along and you start to see them sprout. you water them more and more with similarities or jokes or things to make them smile until you see more and more of them. they're coming out of their shell and you can see the progress. they show a sprout! they're full of life! and maybe some days they don't get enough water or enough of that person that makes them want to grow but they still continue to because they're looking forward to that moment. that beautiful moment that is inevitable. where they start to bloom their gorgeous colors and can show everybody that they did it. they grew and now they have these beautiful petals to show for it. they kept growing because they could see the sun and all the things that made them happy and saw everything that made them really want to grow. and once they're shown all out of the ground and truly happy, they continue to stand taller and show more color, almost at the moment where they fully blossom. they see this person more often and become ever so happy.

but sometimes they don't. or sometimes people take away their water. they start to wilt and lose color. they don't stand tall anymore. some people do come along and give them a little water to make them happy and they pretend they're not as weak as they are. but then those people leave and it hurts the flower even more. it's so delicate now. surviving on the people who stop by to have fun and water them who always seem to leave.

but then another person comes along and they nurse them back to health. it takes a little bit of time for them to stop wilting and stand taller but it eventually happens. can this flower trust this person? but they do. they put all their might into growing back and they want that blossom more than ever. the person showers them with smiles and laughter and the flower soon forgets about all the past people. this person waters them each and everyday and maybe just with a smile. this flower wants this person to love it. the person is the flower's sunshine even if the person doesn't know.

and maybe the person does know. but the flower continues to be happy and focusing on this one person that they believe can make their blossom appear. make them so, amazingly and truly happy. i mean, they already do make them happy so why not be ever so happy together?

all the flower needs is sunshine and water.
but
all the flower wants is this person to be their sunshine and water.