'Restituere Magicae'

I closed the door of my secret lab and went to my desk in my old classroom. The notebook contained dark magic spells and dangerous potions of my making so if this falls to the wrong hands, i fear for the receiving end of that wizard's anger. So as an added precaution, i charmed this book to open only to me. More specifically, drops of my blood and a special spell i made just for this.
I pulled out my wand and sliced my finger again. I put 3 drops of blood on the book's lock and murmured, "I'm the Half Blood Prince." The locks on the side of the book unlatched with a click. After a quick healing spell for my cut, I skimmed through the book looking for the recipe i need. After a short while, i finally found the page i need, "Restituere Magicae."

Restituere Magicae

Materials:
1 Gold cauldron infused with Mermaid scale
1 Gold stirring rod
1 Obsidian knife
1  Meteor vial

Ingredients
2 drops veela blood
3 Dittany leaves ( with stem attached)
1 piece Unicorn hair
1 Ashwinder egg
2 inch Asphodel root
1 drop Belladonna
1 hair of user ( root included)
2 drops of user's blood
3 drops Phoenix tears
1 Phoenix tail feather
1 Mermaid scale
1 Sopophorous bean ( 5 drops of juice)
3 Moondew petals
1 Drop Hemlock essence

I already have half of the ingredients in my stores. But a couple needs to be put in fresh. Less than a day after harvest, otherwise the potion will become useless. I went to my station and collected all the materials I needed for now. The first part of the potion was easy enough. The finishing process is the delicate part.

I set the cauldron on the burner and set it to medium heat. I filled it up halfway with fresh water and waited for it to boil. Once it boiled, i set the fire to low then added the Dittany leaves.  Once dissolved, i added the Ashwinder egg then Hemlock essence. After 30 seconds, i started stirring it with a regular glass stirring rod clockwise 12 times then put to rest. When it settled i stirred it counter clockwise 14 times. The potion turned cerulean blue. Perfect. I added the Belladonna then stirred it using a gold rod counter clockwise 5 times then clockwise 5 times and repeat for 3 times. The mixture turned a series of colors from blue to red to yellow after each cycle. After the process it turned to a purple color. It needs to simmer for an hour where the color will change to a dark violet color.

I sat down on a chair i have in here and tried to relax my arms. This potion needs constant stirring and attention. I have exactly 28 days before the next full moon. Hermione needs to drink this potion after sunset, just as the moon starts to rise. I have little time to collect the rare ingredients i need. Im going to need a miracle. Some of the ingredients only appear at a certain window and some are very difficult to collect.

After an hour of waiting and thinking, i check on the potion. Its now dark violet. I stir it counter clockwise 7 times then throw in an Asphodel root. It starts to boil and turn to a forest green color then settles into a light simmer. I charm the rod to continuously stir it clockwise in a slow rate. This will go on for 72 hours.

I get out of my lab and made my way to the hospital wing to visit Hermione. Thank Merlin no one was there. I grabbed a chair and set it beside her bed. I waved my wand over her to check her vitals. She's still weak but otherwise fine. I reached over and touched her face. She was cold, her hair is dull, her skin lost its glow. She's skin and bones now.

"Im so sorry Hermione. I never should have left. I owe you my life and yet I left you when you needed me the most. Im a coward Hermione. I don't deserve you. But I'm here now and i promise you i will never leave you again. As long as you'll have me, i will always be at your side. I swear I'm going to do whatever it takes to finish the potion on time to save you.  Just hang in there for me." I started rubbing her hands and whispering sweet nothings to her, i didnt notice i started crying at her bedside. "I love you Hermione. You mean the world to me. You gave me a second chance at life. A second chance to live. And i want to live it with you beside me. Ill do everything in my power to make you well again."

I kissed the back of her hand then leaned over to kiss her forehead. I stood up and dried my tears and turned my heel heading to my quarters to get some sleep. Tomorrow, i will start searching for the ingredients i need.

Third POV

Unbeknownst to Severus, a young wizard was standing outside the infirmary and he heard everything he said to Hermione. He hid behind an armor when Severus was exiting the infirmary. When Severus left he whispered to himself, "Hermione is mine Snape."