Chapter 9

Hey guys! I'm so so SO sorry it's taken me so long to update! I don't really have any good reason other than I lost inspiration for this story. I then saw the Divergent movie and sorta got re-inspired (if that's an actual thing.) But I have plans for this story and I do plan on finishing it. I'm not making any promises I can't keep about updating that I can't keep but it  for sure won't be another 7 months!!! I feel like a terrible person making you guys wait so long but I apreciate you sticking with this story! So I'm not 100% sure where I left off on initiation so bear with me. If it doesnt line up completley I apologize but just enojoy this chapter!!!! I don't own the characters or ideas, but my plot is mine. ALL RIGHTS TO THE AMAZING VERONICA ROTH!!

TRIS' POV

It is a week after Tobias and I went through Uriah's fear landscape. Since then, we have just had a break from initiation. Rita, Jasmine, and Tanner were cut. Seth is in first place and Noah is in last. Everything around here has been fairly normal. As normal as it can be in a daredevil faction under ground.

"Today, Tobias starts." You will be starting the 3rd and final stage of Dauntless initiation."

Tobias and I stand in front of the 11 initiates in the training room. They look anxiously at eachother.

"The third stage is strictly mental. You will come face to face with your worst fears and have to learn to face them." I say.

"You will start off with having to face one of them, then you will have to face all of them." Tobias syas as he scans the transfers.

They begin to whisper among themsleves.

"After lunch." Tobias interrupts. "We will start with Seth and you'll all have to face one of your fears. One by one."

Seth's face ges white as a sheet. I flick my hand at the transfers and they all scury to lunch. Seth gives me a bank look and turns on his heels and sulks to the cafeteria. I start to walk towards the cafeteria when I feel a strong hand hold my wrists together behind me and an arm wrap around my waist. I let out a yelp and before I know it I'm pinned up against the target by none other than Tobias.

"Did I scare you?" He asks me with a michevious glint in his eyes.

I smirk at him before I smash my mouth to his. He kisses me back passionatley. Slowly he lets goes around my wrists and puts his hand on my hips. I hold his face in my hand and his hands slowly drift farther south. Suddenly, I grab his hands, spin us around and pin him to the target with his arms above his head. He gives me a look like he's a little kid and I just took a balloon from him.

"Did I scare you?" I ask mockingly.

He leans his head forward to kiss me and I let him. This time he's the first to pull away. He grabs my hand in his and we walk together to the cafeteria. As we walk in there's a small croud in the far corner of the cafeteria. I give Tobias a puzzled look and go to see what's going on. I fight my way to the center of the circle. Standing in the center is Zeke and Shauna. Oh no here we go.

"How could you?!" Sauna screams, makeup stained cheeks and tears running down her face.

"I already told you I didn't!" Zeke yells back.

"That's not what SHE says!" Shauna yells as she points at a shapely blonde girl at the edge of the circle with a smug smile on her face.

"Why would you believe anything she tells you!? We've been dating for years Shauna and you believe some girl who's trying to break us up?!"

"Then how do you explain this?!" Shuana screams as she holds up her phone with a picuture of Zeke and that girl sloppily making out as she's wearing a short dress and strattling his lap.