Part Nine | The Man That Changed it All

Start from the beginning

"It w-was an accident. Please let me explain." Eden mumbled, moving closer to him.

"No it wasn't an accident! You are a monster!"

"ENOUGH!" Pan yelled, boiling with anger. He pushed Hayes backwards, approaching Eden. She cowered back slightly, making Pan slow down.

"Darling, what's happened? Who is he?" Pan whispered, lifting Eden's chin with his fingers. He noticed her brown doe eyes full of tears, her quivering lips and frowned. He watched her lips form a shaky sigh, though the words that would fall from them he would find distasteful.

"His name is H-Hayes Williams. And he's m-my Fiancé..." Pan froze. He felt as if Eden had stabbed him in his chest. The green eyed boy didn't understand why he felt so hurt, but he knew he felt betrayed. How could she withdraw such information?

"Not anymore!" Hayes screamed. Pan signaled for Felix and Hunter to hold him down, which they did despite Hayes's attempts to get loose. Eden stared at Hayes, tears constantly rolling down her cheeks as she ran into the forest.

***Flashback***

Eden's father strolled aimlessly through the town market, waiting for his daughter to return with their food for the week. That's when he noticed a boy and two soldiers marching into the market. They didn't look angry, merely curious.

"Excuse me, sir!" The boy called to Eden's father. The man watched as the band of three approached him with uneasy breaths.

"I'm Prince Hayes Williams of the southern side of the Enchanted Forest. One of my men has been injured. Do you know of were I may find a doctor?" The boy asked.

"Course I do." The man replied with a cheery smile. "The doctor lives right in the center of the village. Through the market take a left. It's the simplest route-"

"Father, I found the..." Eden approached her father, then noticing the three strangers. 

"Oh I'm sorry." She replied, lowering her head slightly.

"Prince Hayes, meet my daughter Eden Rose."  Her father cheered. Eden noticed the boy must have been of importance or her father would not be so kind.

"It's a pleasure to met you Eden Rose." Hayes smiled at the girl before him, taking her hand and delicately kissing her knuckles. "You are most beautiful." Eden would normally have blushed a deep shade of maroon, buts he felt something off about the prince.

"Thank you, sir." She managed to force out.

For the rest of that day Eden's father and Hayes spoke with matters concerning her. She knew what would come out of this. Eden was fully aware of what Hayes was doing. And in that same day Eden's father struck a deal with Hayes.

Eden for power and wealth...

She had no say in the matter whatsoever. Her father was perfectly willing to force her into marriage for money. But Eden didn't feel honored to have found such favor with a prince, nor did she feel loved by him. All she felt was betrayal and worthlessness.

***

The days went on as Eden was rushed into wedding planning. She would stand on a fitting table for hours every day to prepare her dress. She was hardly used to even being treated like a young lady. Her father always pushed an immense amount of work on her.