Decisions

Time Skip

It had been about 3 weeks and I was still in this strange place. Link would not let me leave the house, so when he asked me to walk with him I agreed fast.
"I was wondering," I ask hesitantly. Link looks at me expectantly and I hurry on. "How did you find me?"
His gaze was sad. "You were walking through the forest when I saw you. A giant wolf came out of nowhere and tried to kill you."
My eyes grew wide. "And you saved me." I finished.
He nodded.

For the rest of the walk Link was silent. I grew worried.
"Link?" He snapped his head towards me.
"Sorry... I was thinking about heading home."
I shivered, it was getting dark out.
Suddenly, a giant owl swooped out of nowhere and landed on a tree branch. I screamed a bit and hid behind Link., clearly frightened out of my mind. Link laughed. "He won't hurt you, Cassy."
"I know a way home, Cassy." The owl spoke.
Link looked at me. "What does he mean?" His voice was low, but puzzled.
I looked at the owl in shock. "You do?"
Link looked at me again, but I ignored him.
The owl's eyes gleamed in the dim light of the moon. "Yes, but you will have to leave Link. There is no returning."
"So a decision." I said, biting my lip.
If he could've, the owl might have nodded. But he only blinked in response.
I looked at Link, whose eyes were pleading.
"Cassy..." This brought tears to my eyes. "I can't leave." I told the owl.
"You will never see your mother or friends again." The owl warned. His words hit me hard, making me stumble back. Never? I thought.
"I won't leave." Saying this took all the breathe out of me, but I held strong.
"Then goodbye, and may we meet again." the owl's voice faded as he swooped away. It sent chills down my spine at how large he was.
"Why did you stay?" Link asked.
I stared at him, baffled. "Because I couldn't leave..." I whispered as tears slid down my cheeks.
Link pulled me close. He felt strong and warm, but I still felt alone.
Suddenly I wondered if I had made the right choice.

Thank you so much for reading! :) I know it's short at the moment, I will be updating soon, I promise. It isn't well written yet, considering I have a lot of editing to do and little time. Please enjoy!

~Cassy out~