Prom date.

Two more weeks before our senior prom. A couple of guys already asked me out but I couldn't just say yes, the truth is I'm waiting for someone to ask me. And I  know it's kinda obvious who that would be.

I  was getting out my books on my locker for French class when a hand clamp down over my eyes and then a lips was planted on my cheek. And then the heat started to rushed in my face. I just hope he didn't see me blushed.

" I heard you're not coming to the prom?''

"Not without you" I exhale softly.

"Im sorry?" He said, puzzled. Im glad though that he didn't heard me.

" Uh nothing, yeah I might not come, It's not really my thing, I guess. You know, dresses, make ups, heels, dancing, prom king and queens, date. I guess that's just not me." Besides Mom and I will go out of town next week, I dont think we'll make it." I lied.

"Too bad" He said, and then smiled. And then there's an awkward silence again, similar to what  I felt  the first time I sat next to him on art class last year, when we're nothing more than just strangers. And then the second bell rang already-I missed the first one.

Funny how things seems to drift away when I'm with him. 

" Uh, gotta  go, We don't want to hear Mr Harris murder me for being late huh."

"See you later" He said casually and left.

Dear diary.

Remember what I told you last time? I was really hoping He'd ask me to prom. Well I guess he didn't really like me. Maybe this is not the usual lovestory that you see on the T.V. Maybe this is more of the one-sided love story. Maybe I am the only one. I wish I could tell him though. How much he means to me. I wish he didnt became my bestfriend.  Maybe things will be much easier if he wasn't.

Prom Day 

I woke up with this weird sound coming off from my new alarm  clock my mom gave me yesterday because the old one doesn't really do much. And now I really feel that this alarm clock is smartly made to annoy people not wake them up. Annoy.

"Nina, wake up!" Mom shouted from the kitchen.

And then comes the sweet scent of home-made pancakes, with mapple syrup. It's friday, I remember. She goes late to work on fridays and cook us her home-made pancakes for me and my dad. The best in the world I have to admit.

" Im not coming, mom"

I heard the clattering of footsteps next getting louder and louder until it stopped in front of my bedroom door.

"Knock knock" my Mom literally said, then opens up my door like she's found a criminal and trying to get the angry mob all in. That's one thing I love about my mom. She smells trouble.

"Sweety, is there something wrong. Did you fight with Abby again? "

(One time, I didn't go to school and told my mom Abyy and I fought.  Im surprised she remembers that. I was in grade school back then.)

I snorted before answering.

" Oh gahd,mom no. Of course not. I just don't feel like going"

" But this is a once in a lifetime chance, honey."

" I don't really mind."

She looked intently in my face before giving up.

" Okay. of course you can stay."

Yeah, thanks"

Then she smiles.

"Uh mom, so uhm what if you really like this person but you can't tell him that because you're afraid he might not like you back or even hate you for liking him, you know stuff like that"