Chapter 22

EDITED - 03/31/19

P.S: The picture above is the bedroom Alec showed to Yvanna

____________________________

'There is nothing on this earth

more prized 

than true friendship.'

- Thomas Aquinas

____________________________

New York Institute; September 2, 2016

ALEC

  I wake up to see Yvanna's head resting on top of my chest. I pull the duvet up closer before pulling her closer to me. She suddenly turns on her side and I place a hair behind her ear before kissing her cheek. I wrap an arm around her, securing her as her back is against my chest.

  It feels amazing to think that I'll be marrying Yvanna soon. I never thought that this day would come. I noticed yesterday that as soon as Jace entered the Institute, she rushed towards him before giving him a hug. I know that she will tell me soon but I am quite curious as she was practically furious at her brother.

  Knowing Yvanna, she can never stay mad at Jace forever. If she already spoke to him then I know that I have to speak to him soon since the wedding is coming up soon. I want the both of us in good terms but I feel like this is not the right time yet. I look down at her sleeping face, she really looks angelic.

  I waited for ten years to say my feelings for her, we waited for ten years for each other. I never fallen out of love for her, she always stayed and will always stay. I will protect her no matter what. I place a gently kiss on her temple before letting sleep draw me in.

---

New York Institute; September 6, 2012

YVANNA

  Just a few more days before the wedding, I can't wait. I never thought that I would be getting married at the age of 20. When I was a child, I vowed to invite my father to my wedding. Now, I intend to break that vow because it turns out that Valentine Morgenstern – the Shadow World's enemy, is my father.

  Why did he do it? Why did he lie? I wanted to ask him a lot of questions like why did he fake his identity? Was everything he told us the truth? Is Jocelyn Fairchild really my estranged mother, because we look nothing alike especially the hair! When she wakes up, I will ask her questions.

  I remember that father would tell me that my mother went with another man. Is that other man Lucian Graymark aka Luke Garroway? Clary looks at Luke as her father-figure, making him the other man. I really don't want to think about this, it makes me stress. I'm currently walking along the hallway to see Jace's bedroom door ajar.

  I peer in to see him, his head in his hands. I knock on the door gently and he looks up. "Are you alright big bro?" I ask before entering and closing the door behind me. "Trying really hard to cope with the revelation. I just can't shake off the nasty feeling." He explains and I walk towards him before sitting down beside him.

  I place an arm around him before resting my head on his shoulder. "We'll figure this out together. Now, have you been getting some rest? I know you, you don't rest when there's something bothering you." I state and he lets out a sigh. I look at him curiously and in worry. So he hasn't gotten enough sleep these past few days since the revelation.