Chapter 1

Lilly's P.O.V

I walked home in silence as the fog began to rise. I saw headlights but froze in terror. I fell as pain shot through my body. Such horrible pain. A young man walked over and whispered "Dear God" then crouched next to my dieing body. "I am sorry" he said as he leaned closer to my throat. "So sorry" he said as he sunk his teeth deep into my throat.

****************************************************************************************

Lilly's P.O.V

I stood in the hall way of a large castle. I did not move, because of the people staring at me. Out of the corner of my eye I saw another girl, but she was obviously human. I watched her greet a young man then, they walked into a room. A few seconds later the hall was filled with screams. I shivered, as Phillip walked in. He looked joyous, with a smile on his face. "What happened?" I asked "I can keep you" "You make me sound like a pet" "I apologize for that, but I am just so happy I don't have to kill you" "What?" "It is not time to dwell on the past, but to celebrate the future". Half an hour later, we were sitting on top a building, watching a drunk group hobble back and forth, trying to stabilize themselves. Suddenly, there was a loud thump behind us, then a voice. "Who are you and why are you here?" asked the young man "Leo, pleasure to see you" "Phillip? Is that you?" "Yes" "I haven't seen you since-" "-Since you ran away?" "Yes, but now I have my own coven" "Congratulations" "Thank you. Who is this" Leo said, bending down and kissing my hand "This is-" "My name is Lilly" I said cutting off Phillip, and blushing "Leo, do you mind not flirting, you are married" said a girl walking out from the darkness "You got married to Kate?" "Yes" "Leonardo, can we start eating" "Yes, we should. Would you like to accompany us for dinner?" "No, not today I am afraid" "May I question why" "I still have to help Lilly learn to eat without killing, and you remember the last newborn we saw eat" "Oh yes. Well have a wonderful night" "You too Leo. It was wonderful to see you again" "Same" Leo said as he walked on. Three MESSY hours later, I walked on the side of the beach alone, while Phillip sat on the side. "Lilly why are you sad?" "I am not" "I have crazy powers and I can sense you are sad" "I just...I mean....My family and I used to come to this beach" "We can leave......" "Ok" I said.