Chapter One

Disclaimer: I do not own Harry Potter. All thoughts of the magical land belong to the beautiful and talented J. K. Rowling.

So I will be co-writing this fanfic with my friend Mary :)

It is Potter!Lock and it takes place before Harry, Ron, and Hermione came to school.

I really hope you enjoy it! Please give us feedback :)

Comment, vote and fan :)

~BB

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Sherlock's POV

I always knew that I was special. Even someone with a lesser intellect than I possessed could see that.

I just didn't know that it would be such a strange reason.

In short, I was impossible. But since you aren't here for the abridged version of my story, I'll start from the day my letter came.

I had been arguing with my bothersome brother, Mycroft about him snooping in my room. He read my journal. Everyone with a brain knows that you aren't supposed to do that.

"Mycroft you imbecile, I don't care if you worry about me constantly! What I write is not for you to see," I shouted, getting angry.

Mycroft backed away a bit, but kept his straight face. I knew he was afraid of me though. The last time he made me angry, a fork nearly stuck itself in his neck. I hadn't been sure how until now.

"Sherlock, I just want you to be safe. I know that mummy wouldn't like it if something were to happen to you," Mycroft said, his nose in the air as only snotty older brother's noses can be.

"Don't make this about mother," I grumbled. "We both know she doesn't care for us one bit."

"That's not true, Sherlock, she loves us," Mycroft said sadly.

"She might love you, Mycroft, but she wouldn't care if I was about to jump off a building," I crossed my arms and sat down on the edge of my bed.

Mycroft took a step to sit next to me.

"Stop right there," I told him.

Mycroft sighed and instead sat at my desk chair. He looked over at the academic awards I'd received. I should have gotten the "You Are Smarter Than All Your Professors" award.

Mycroft started speaking, turned away from me. "You know Sherlock, you're right."

"Of course I am," I immediately responded. "About what?"

"Mom doesn't care about you and I'm sorry for that. But I do care about you, you know. It doesn't ever help me and it isn't an advantage, but you're my little brother and I want to be able to keep you safe," he said to my wall.

"Oh," was all I could manage.

Mycroft chuckled lightly. "You could say thank you."

"I could...but I won't," I smirked, but he couldn't see me.

Mycroft was silent for a moment.

"Are you looking through my belongings again?" I snapped.

"Sherlock? What's this letter you've got on your desk here?" He asked.

"You are! Mycroft stop - wait what letter? There's no letter," I said.

"Yes there is," he turned around holding a creme colored envelope. Across the front was:

Mr. Sherlock Holmes
The Mansion
Cheshire, United Kingdom

The words were emerald in color. It was a most unusual piece of mail. The address was not written correctly. Half of the location was missing and there was no return address.