Minerals And Hair Nourishment 1

Hair is the reflection of the individual's health as hair follicles acquires its nourishment from internal body system. We can say that health of an individual and health of hair runs parallel to each other. Improper dietary habits will have direct influence on the hair making it unhealthy and affecting its growth. As a result it is seen that people who suffer from obesity and malnutrition often complain of hair troubles.

The 6 major nutrients which are needed for a person's well being and for healthy hair are carbohydrates, fats, minerals, proteins, minerals and water. These all nutrients have a very important role to play in a human body.

This article highlights on the significance of minerals in the diet and the problem which arises due to its deficiencies. We will also get to know the pivotal role played by each of these minerals for hair and scalp health and its sources. Minerals are classified as macro nutrients and micro nutrients. Requirement of macro nutrients in the body is high and vice versa requirement of micro nutrients in the body is low.

Let's discuss about macro nutrients in a brief way:

Macro minerals include calcium, potassium chloride, magnesium, phosphorus sodium and chlorides while micro minerals include iron, copper and chromium.

Calcium: It is beneficial for hair growing and also fastens the process of generating the hair follicles at a cellular level. Rich calcium sources are dietary products, nuts, almonds, beans, sesame seeds and green vegetables.

Magnesium: This is found to be very useful for dealing with hair loss problem. Rich sources of magnesium are almonds, cashews, whole soya beans, Brazil nuts, green vegetables and parsnips.

Potassium: Lack of this will give rise to problem like hair fall. It plays an important role for hair cells to function properly. Dietary sources of potassium are watermelon seeds, pumpkin seeds, roasted soya nuts, cheese, sunflower seeds, tahini, flax seeds and Brazil nuts.

Sulphur: This is not only beneficial for hair but also for skin and nails. Therefore it is also termed as beauty minerals. Sulphur also helps hair strengthening as it has vital part in the making of di- sulphide bonds present in the hair. Hair becomes prone to breakage after chemical treatments as the hair di- sulphide bonds break. Rich sources of sulphur are onions, wheat germ, legumes, garlic and asparagus and kale.

Chlorides: They are useful for making salts along with potassium, sodium and ammonia which in turn are beneficial for hair treatments.

Sodium: This is harmful when present either in large amount or fewer amounts then its required amount.

Role played by micro minerals will be covered in Part 2

Do you know the secrets of having picture perfect hair that you want to be proud of? Do you want to finally regain your confidence having perfect, healthy hair that you have always dreamed of? If yes, watch this advanced free [http://richfeel.com/picture-perfect-hair hair care] video. Plus you will also get a free telephone counseling session where one of our senior trichologists will call you personally and help you one-on-one to answer any hair queries you might have.

It is important that you choose the right comb for your hair and this is detailed in this article. Read this amazing article - [http://richfeel.com/comb comb].