9. Is This Really Goodbye?

My mom immediately walked through the door and took no second thought at it. I, however, looked at everything I saw three, four times so I could remember it. I didn't feel too much attachement to the smallish apartment, but naturally, after nine years of living there, I was slightly sorrowful to go. My mom and I both went to our seperate rooms and gathered a few things. My mint green beach-themed bedroom was quite pretty, I must say. I put some of my Bat Mitzvah money towards redecorating and it came out great. I could bring all of it with me to England I told myself and lightened up a bit. As a looked around my room for a few essential things, I thought about how my mom had so willingly agreed to moving. After all, she said that she wouldn't mind living in a small English apartment and, also, who wouldn't move to go to Hogwarts?!!?

I grabbed toiletries, some clothing, my favorite pillow, TONS of books and art supplies, my electronics and my journal. That should be good until we move out. Then I sat on my comfy bed and looked at the ceiling, while laying on my back.

"Mom!" I hollered "Who should we see first?!!?"

"Come here, I can't hear you!!"

I lazily walked across the hall and plopped down on my mom's bed, laying on my back as before.

"I really don't know, angel" she said.

"Oh, so you DID hear me?" I said with a little bit of attitude.

She glared at me and I got the message. "sorry"

"Mhhmm. Well, I still don't feel right about telling everyone. It's your choice but maybe just tell one, maybe two friends. okay?" she paused. "Anyway, I was thinking you should text your friends. Tell them there is something important you have to tell them this weekend. Make plans. We will see Alaine tonight and you'll sleep over before you leave and so will I since we need to tell them the whole story, you know. Dana and Jenna, they'll come to Alaine's too. We are seeing the family tomorrow, and I think thats it."

"Well," I said, slightly impressed "look who's got everything planned."

She laughed and turned back to packing while saying, "I am very proud, you know. Why don't you go pack up more clothes, for tonight"

I finished packing and, once again, I sat silently on my bed. For the first time in my life, I HAD to know exactly who I trusted. For the first time, it mattered that I was certain. I would HAVE to lie to some of the most important people in my life. What a day I am about to have, huh?

Around 2-ish, we got in the car and headed to see my best friends; i had known Alaine and Dana since I was 6 months old. Jenna was Dana's younger sister so I knew her since she was born. Nonetheless, all three of them were practically my sisters and their parents (plus Jessie, Alaine's younger sister) were practically my second family.

The whole car ride there, my mom and I argued about what we should tell them. I wanted to tell my friends and not their parent because I trusted them more, of course my mom said this was a bad idea. She thought up a whole cover story already and planned to use it.

I would say that a few of my teachers submitted one of my essays to a contest and after I won, a really great private school in England offered me a full scholarship there because my gardes were excellent, along with the winning essay I wrote.

The story wasn't the best and we didn't have too many fake details to share, but it would have to be enough to tell everyone.

After about a 30 minute drive to Alaine's, we pulled up to her house and I turned to my mom.

"I trust my friends with my life. I CAN trust them with this. I don't know if you'll tell their parents, I don't know what's best but I do know that I am going to tell my friends."

She turned to look at me and nodded.
"Lets go. "

We walked inside, to the kitchen to find all the adults and Jessie sitting around eating. They greet us and say that the girls are in Alaine's room, so I started quickly running to her room to tell them the news. Once I burst through the door, I am pretty sure my friends could see the excitement practically drooping off of me. Alaine, of course, was the first one to speak.

"Oh hey! You don't need to break down my door!" She said it with a huge grin on her face.

I hugged all of them, then sat on the bed and let out a huge sigh.

"What's up?" Dana asked.

"You seem Stressed Out, by twenty one pilots" Dana joked and we all laughed at the stupid joke that no one should laugh at.

After almost a minute of silence, I took a deep breath and spoke.

"I. Have. News"

Jenna piped up. " TELL US TELL US!"

"I know, I know. I will, but guys, this is serious" I nodded at them and continued.

"You have to PROMISE not to tell a soul, not even your parents, can you do that? If you can't, I really can't tell you. Well, show you"

They exchanged looks and Alaine spoke up again.

"You can trust us." She said nodding.

"Okay, um, well....... "

"Just say it!"

"We're not gonna judge!!"

"Pleeeeeeeeeeeease."

I sighed again and reached into the tall boots I was wearing, where I concealed my wand. I grabbed it but didn't show it yet, I just stared down for a moment.

"Now, guys, this is NOT a joke. Please take me seriously"

They all nodded again and I took out the wand completely. I looked away from their faces, not wanting to see their reaction yet.

"Wingardium Leviosa" I recited and aimed my want at my friends dresser.
Slowly but, surely, the dresser was floating in the air.

"Holy shi-

--------------•----------•--------•-----------

HEY WASSUP HELLO, Guys.  Sorry, I know this chapter is kinda short. I have been busy, but I will try to update more. Comment if you have any suggestions, please. Hope you liked it. Bye, loves!!🖤🖤

(Btw, I never call people 'love' so I'm pretty sure when my friends read this, they'll make fun of me. Lol)