Chapter 14

"Turn the radio down, it's my mom" I tell Theo before answering my phone.

"Hope are you alright? You've been gone all day" Her concerned voice comes through the phone.

"I'm fine, just with a friend" I tell her.

"The one who saved your life?" She asks.

"Yes, his blood did" I tell her. It was Harvey who really came but he doesn't want to know me right now.

"Kylie's coming for dinner tonight, why don't you invite your friend?" She suggests.

"I don't know if he's up for it" I tell my mom.

"Free food? Of course I am" He smirks from the driver seat eavesdropping on my conversation.

"Great see you both at six" My mom says.

"Bye mom, love you" I end the call.

"So I'm meeting the parents?" Theo smirks.

"And aunts and uncles and best friend" I add.

"Oh and don't mention to anybody that we've been going to St. Anne's" I tell him.

"Why?" He asks. Damn why does he ask so many questions.

"I'm not suppose to be there just don't say anything"

"I won't" He assures me.

"Oh and my family are the original vampires" I tell him and he laughs.

"What?" I ask.

"Your not joking?"

"No"

"Shit Hope, your an original?" He runs his hand through his hair.

"Not a vampire but yes, I'm an original"

"Your the hybrids daughter?" He asks.

"Yes, Klaus is my dad"

"And he has a brother right? Elijah?"

"Elijah is my uncle, I have two aunties Rebekah is a vampire and Freya-"

"Is the witch?" He interrupts.

"Yes and then there's Kol, it's him I worry about you meeting" I tell him.

"I thought he was dead?"

"Originals have a habit at dodging death" I tell him.

"So why can't you stop the spell?" He asks.

"There's just no stopping it"

"How do you know so much about my family but you didn't know who I am?" I ask.

"I live in New Orleans with the most powerful vampires in the world, everybody knows about the originals here, but to most people the miracle child is a myth. Nobody knows anything about you" He says.

"My dad intends to keep it that way, so don't tell anybody please"

"Of course I won't, why didn't you tell me you were an original?" He asks.

"It's not exactly something to share, my dad doesn't want many people knowing who I am it's safer that way" I tell him.

"You trust me enough for me to know?" He asks.