The Beginning

"Brittany wake up you're going to be late for school"! Brittany Tucker's mother cried out from downstairs. Brittany groggily woke up and went to the bathroom to start her morning routine. She brushed her short wavy brown and put her glasses over her hazel brown eyes.
    Brittany wasn't exactly popular in her high school because of the clothes she wore and was considered a goody two-shoes. But she didn't care; at least she wasn't a druggy or a preppy cheerleader like other girls in her school.
    "Brittany please hurry up"! her mother yelled again.
    "Alright alright already I'm going", she replied back. After brushing her teeth and quick shower, she put on her Green Day T-shirt and baggy jeans. Brittany ran down the stairs and into the kitchen grabbing a PB&J sandwich.
    "Have fun in school today", her mother called out.
    "I will", was Brittany's reply. She stopped by a portrait of a younger version of herself with her mom and dad. She smiled sadly and touched the image of her father's face. "I miss you so much daddy. I hope they find your killer soon."
    You see, Brittany's father was mysteriously murdered last year on Halloween. The police did everything they could but never found the killer so the case went cold.
    Brittany was very sad because it was two weeks until Halloween and the pain of loosing her father was too much for her. All she could do was hope that nothing would go wrong this year.
    Brittany walked to her bus stop which was located right in front of an old abandoned house nobody has used in a long time. She was fine for a little bit but after a minute, Brittany started to feel like someone was watching her. It became eeriely quiet and Brittany looked around but saw nothing. Suddenly, someone or something grabbed onto her shoulder very tightly and wasn't planning on letting her go.