Chapter 1 : Meeting The Gang

Hello to whoever's reading this! I, the great Hamilton thank you for choosing to read my story! (Though I know there aren't too many Oxenfree fanfics to choose from)
Am I rambling? I feel like I'm rambling. Anyway, enjoy the chapter and I'll see you at the end!

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

As the bright haired teenager drove the rickety black car he humorously named 'Death Trap' down to the pier, his twin sister -Nona- held on for dear life.

The car shook and stuttered as it sped down the street. "Lawrence, slow down! I'm gonna get sick!" The brown eyed girl whined.

Lawrence slowly eases off of the gas pedal and the aptly named 'Death Trap' ground to a halt.

"Hey! Nona's here!" A short, blond boy shouted. The blue haired teenager got out of the car and ran towards the boy, shouting "Ren!"
She hugged him like she hasn't seen him in ages. Which was in fact the truth.

"And I see you brought a friend." A bright, almost neon-blue haired girl with tan skin and a red jacket said with a kind smile.

"Or a brother rather." A tall, petite teenager with red hair and a grey coat noted. "Hi Lawrence." She said. "Hello Clarissa." The tall boy said back. "Wait, you have a brother?" The neon-blue haired girl inquired.

"Oh, right! Everyone, this is Lawrence. Lawrence, this is, well everyone!" Nona introduced.

"I'm her twin." He said with a smile. "Nice to meet you, I'm Alex." The girl with the red jacket said cheerfully. "Nice to meet you too Alex." He responded with a slight, yet noticeable Irish accent.

"Lawrence, this is Ren. My boyfriend." Nona pulled him over to Ren. "Hi." The blond boy said. "Hey." Lawrence said back.

Thrilling conversation. Lawrence thought. "Guys, the ferry's here!" Alex announces. "Wasn't he already here?" Clarissa pointed at Ren. "I'm gonna pretend you didn't say that." Ren replied to the insult he had just received. "Sharp as always." Lawrence said to Clarissa. "Why thank you." She replied.

"Guys, seriously, we need to go!" Alex said. They all board the ferry. The trip there isn't unbearably long, nor is it short.

Alex leaned on the railing, staring off into the distance. Ren and Nona were all couple-y and cutesy together while Clarissa was just sitting there, taking in the last hour of sunshine. Lawrence approached Alex and leaned on the railing besides her.

"Hey, uuh Alex, right?" He started the conversation. "Yeah, Lawrence, right?" She replied. "Yes. I was meaning to ask you something." He said. "Why neon-blue?" He asked. "Huh? Oh, I don't know, I just, you know, did it." She answered shortly. "Fascinating." He said, both cynical and sincere at the same time.

"It's my thing." She said curtly. "Dying your hair blue?" The artificial-white haired boy said. "No, just doing things. Like impulsively dying my hair." Alex said. "And I actually have a question for you now."

"Lay it on me." He replied. "Why the white hair?" She inquired. Lawrence smiles and tells the tale;

"Near the end of Spooktober, a couple years back, Nona and I went, along with Clarissa, to dye our hair for Halloween. We've decided for going for the classic costumes, with me being a skeleton, Nona being a witch, and Clarissa being a Demon. And so I dyed my hair off-white, Clarissa dyed her hair red and Nona dyed hers blue."

Alex laughed, which made Lawrence laugh. "Why did you keep it?" She asked. "I don't know. I thought it looked good, other people thought it looked good. So I kept it. I assume it's the same for Clarissa and Nona as well." He explained.