Prologue

The war of the Sandwing sisters was going on. Reluctance of a few tribe members of a few tribes were in their way to protect the rest. A Nightwing and a Seawing met during these troubled times. Nightrider of the Nightwings and Rainbrook of the Seawings. Will this love become a spark that turns into a flame? Or will it become a spark and be destroyed in this war forever? These two may never know until the end, but first, beginning to know the two would help you, the reader, understand this story quite a bit more than expected.

      Rainbrook was the son of two lower class, poor, Seawings. He was the eldest of the three children his parents had. His brother, Waterfall, was diagnosed with a fatal illness. He was too slow to give him any chance of surviving. Waterfall died and Rainbrook blamed himself for what had happened. He had suicidal thought, almost doing it at one point until he met a gentle, yet big, Nightwing. "Death isn't the only way out you know," it said, showing some concern, but seriousness as well.

      "You don't know what has happened to me, do you?" he shied away.

      "You lost something, or someone, you cared much about. I should know because I had the same feelings you have right now. I lost my mother and father to an illness, granted I had it too, but I just couldn't seem to die. My father left two or four years before my mother passed. I'm not sure what happened, but I know that was the last we ever saw of him," the Nightwing replied, "I was in a really tough spot and decided to flay to the Rainwing kingdom because of this darn war."

      This made the Seawing thought for a moment, then sat down. "You are important. Find something to help you ease it, make your family member proud of what you're doing. May the speed of light be with you my friend," he lifted himself into the air, but before taking off, the Nightwing said, "Oh, by the way, the name's Nightrider."

      That was the only time he saw the Nightwing, now know as Nightrider, that evening. He pondered as he drifted to sleep. His mind raced in his sleep as he thought of the perfect position. Hunter, one of the most useful in his tribe. He would show his worth to the queen and out swim the fastest of the Queen's royal guards. Maybe then his family doesn't eat the scraps like usual, and it was all because of a Nightwing, a tribe of lies and making others fear them, that helped out a poor, low ranked, Seawing like him. He would be forever in his favor. That, and a slight bit in love with his generosity and kindness.