FRIDAY: 22:18

I don't expect the guy to come back

I don't expect the guy to come back. Clearly, he's been drinking. It's evident in the way his tall body slightly wobbles as he walks away. In a way, I expect him to get sidetracked and end up passed out in a corner somewhere, with penises drawn all over his naked chest.

Isn't that what always happens at parties like this?

But I'm wrong. He does return. And he's actually wearing a dark grey t-shirt when he appears in the doorway.

"Guess who's back, back again." He gives me a lopsided smile, slowly making his way towards the table. "Tell a friend."

"Nice shirt."

"Thanks. I found it."

"Found it?"

"In Chris' closet."

"Do you just take people's clothes without asking?"

"We're friends, that's what friends do."

Reaching for two cups from the stack on the table, he shoots me a quick smile before pouring some liquid into them. Then, he pushes one towards me.

"I don't drink."

"Not a party person?" he quizzes, leaning his upper body forward. He grabs one of the cups, puts it to his lips and downs the liquid.

"Nope."

"What are you doing here then?"

I can feel his brown eyes scanning my face, searching for contact. His gaze is hot against my skin, burning my cheeks until they're bright red. It's a bit uncomfortable and weird, in a stomach-warming kind of way. I'm not sure if I like it or not.

Okay, I guess I do enjoy looking at him. My eyes rest on him as he downs the second drink. His eyes shut, head tilts slightly backwards; it's like I'm watching a slow motion video.

I have to remind myself that there's nothing attractive about binge drinking.

The cup slams down on the table, waking me from my trance.

I realise he's waiting for me to answer his question. "Me? I guess I'm just here watching over my friends. Making sure they're... you know... okay."

"How are you doing that if you're not even in the same room as them?" He wipes his mouth with the backside of his hand.

I frown at him. "Uh..."

His tongue presses against his teeth when he smiles, a bright look in his dark eyes. He drags his hand through his fringe, getting it away from his face. It's a little bit ruffled from the hotness and moisture in the air.

"Why don't you drink, then?"

"Don't tell anyone," I say, putting a finger over my lips.

He moves closer, the possibility of being told a secret seemingly exciting to him. "What?"

"I'm pregnant."

Leaning back, crosses his arms. He then takes a moment to eye me up and down. "You don't look pregnant," he says, eyebrows in a deep frown.

"It was a joke."

He rolls his eyes. "Great joke. Teenage pregnancy isn't a joke, you know? It's serious. It fucks people up."

I suddenly feel a bit guilty. As if I've said something wrong or offended him. "I just don't drink."

He pushes a hand through his hair again and uses his sleeve to wipe some sweat off his brow. "Right." His voice is ice cold.

"I'm sorry. Are you..." I start, trying to find the words to say. "Are you okay?"

He looks at me for a second, as if I've stunned him. Then, he lets out a short laugh. "I'm William."

Oh for gods sake.

This is William. This is the douchebag I've been telling Vilde to stay away from.

You've been at Nissen for months and you don't who William is? REALLY?

Hope you like it so far, will try my best to keep updates coming each week 👊🏻

xoxo Lauren