(47) Carrying you

Beginne am Anfang

I didn't realise I was at a hotel until I saw the clean lobby ahead of me.

I should have felt ashamed that I got my husband to carry me, but I wasn't. All the other visitors could lump it or like it as far as I was concerned. I was comfy.

"Mr and Mrs Knight," I heard Kyle state as he leaned awkwardly against the counter.

The man behind the desk who had a pair of glasses perched on the end of his nose typed into his computer before nodding his head and smiling. It seemed a little cracked and forced, but I couldn't blame him.

"Room 124, here's your key," he handed the key over and Kyle gave an abrupt nod in reply.

"Thanks," he smiled his way before carrying me to the lift. "I need to get the bags, so you just settle down in our room, here you go," Kyle handed me the keys and I took them as he settled me down on my feet.

"Where am I going?" I asked as I rubbed at my eyes. Kyle kissed my forehead and smiled in adoration at me.

"Just up to the second floor, baby, I'll be back in a bit," he left without a word and I stood in the lift waiting for the doors to close.

As soon as I was finally at the second floor, I jumped out of the lift and searched for room 124.

Finally, as I saw the dark oak door with the numbers 124, I opened it and made my way inside.

It was homely and spacious. Perfect really. It had a cream and red colour scheme, and it seemed too cosy to describe.

I landed on to the bed like a little kid and smiled happily. It was always the little things.

I got up from the bed and made my way on to the balcony I had suddenly clocked my eyes over to. As soon as the doors were open, I welcomed the blowing air into the room as I looked down.

Cars whizzed past the hotel in a blaze. So many cars, so many people and so many lives down below. I was here living my own life, and I was as happy as ever.

"Gorgeous," I heard a husky voice come from behind me and I whirled around as soon as I heard it. Kyle gazed into my eyes and I fixed mine with his. He cupped my face lovingly. "You're gorgeous," he stated with a quiter voice, his low, deep voice. It made me shiver.

"When does this event start?" I just about got out as I looked into his piercing eyes. Speechless. His eyes redeemed me speechless everytime.

"Six, love, it's four now, maybe you should start getting ready,"

"Why should I start getting ready?" I looked to him playfully. Kyle shook his head as he smiled.

"Because you're a lady and you take ages to get ready," he replied just as playfully. I gasped.

"I do not," I pouted his way and he pecked my lips.

"Stop being defiant my little temptress and go and get ready," I huffed but began to do as I was told.

"Alright bossy," I poked my tongue out his way and revelled in his deep chuckle.

I sauntered my way into the bathroom and turned on the shower.

I made sure I was clean and ready. I wanted to make Kyle proud tonight, I didn't know why.

Maybe it was the fact I wanted him to know he had the best wife on his arm tonight. I guess I just wanted to make him the luckiest man alive. He wasn't short in telling me so, but sometimes the feeling inside is more truthful than the words we hear in the open.

As I finished, I grabbed a fluffy white towel from the rack and wrapped it around my body.

I left the bathroom and made my way into the open spaced