Chapter 1

Scarlett's POV

"Hey! What the heck? We've just got scammed! This isn't what the escape house looked like on the brochure!" I yelled while pointing at a picture on the leaflet in my hand. The picture showed a large castle building, just like this one, but the sky was blue and the castle was painted in various different colors.

Khloe came closer to take a look herself, "Yeah! This looks nothing like the picture. What do we do now?" she asked with worry sprawled across her once-chill face. "It's not like we can chase after the train, they said the only way to get out was to complete the challenge."

"Scarlett, we only have one choice, we have to do this together," Jennie said, somewhat dramatically. I look over at Khloe, then Jennie, "Alright, we need to get out of this one way or another."

I flip over to another page in the leaflet that shows how to get in. I knock on the massive, dark wood door. Knock knock - knock knock --- knock knock - knock knock. The door slowly opens up, revealing the prison which lies inside. I hear Jennie letting out a huge sigh, "Don't worry, they wouldn't have let us go here if is wasn't safe," I whispered to Jennie, giving her a small smile. "Yeah, what could go wrong?" Khloe said, trying to make Jennie feel better. She smiled, looked up and said, "Yeah, let's go."

A guard ran over to us, while holding his hat to stay on his head, which was clearly falling off due to the winds. "Welcome to Raven Security Regional Prison, my name is Mr. Anyle," he said with an Indian accent. "We rarely get visitors here, I don't understand why you guys would be here, it's a prison."

"Well, the tre-" I started, then getting interrupted by Jennie. "It's three, not tree. Three, three, three," Jennie corrected. "Seriously? Now?" I questioned her. "Heheh, sorry, continue."

"Alright, so the three of us were invited here to do this escape house challenge of some sort. But it looks to me that we've been scammed and we have no idea how to get out," I explained, to the utterly confused security guard.

"Well, you've got it wrong. This prison was specifically made to protect this girl, Raven. We've gotten complaints from her old classmates about her scaring others and disturbing them in certain ways," Mr. Anyle started. The four of us started making our way inside the prison. Mr. Anyle opened the prison gates, letting us inside. A glass chandelier hanging from the ceiling automatically lights up, sending shivers down our spines. "We've kept her inside an indestructible cell room here for many, many years now. I am the only security guard here, the rest of the staff has seen things, they didn't want to see. That leaves me here to stay and protect Raven."

"Ooooh, spooky," Khloe commented with a slight smirk. "Not right now, I'm getting the creeps from this place," Jennie says, observing the large room. All that was here was an old chandelier, a burnt rug on the floor, a wooden table and a chair, with shackles connected to the two front legs of the chair.

"Woah," I said, looking at the chair, "why the shackles?" I touched the top of the chair softly. "She was a bit, insane," Mr. Anyle said quietly. I sat down on the creepy chair as I heard loud noises, from the door. The once-opened door was now slowly closing. Each second, the door closes faster than the last.

"What's going on?!" I yelled, while immediately standing up. "BOOM!" went the door. Shocked expressions were sprawled across all our faces. The four of us run towards the door while trying to pull open the golden door handles.

"What now?!!?" Khloe yelled, with an expression of fear. We were constantly trying to open the doors, but it was locked. Officially. Losing hope, I let go of the handles and turn around. All of the lights were turning off. One. By. One.

"Boom, boom, boom, boom," went the lights. The last light left was the chandelier in the middle. We all run towards the table which was right under the chandelier. "Please stay on. Please stay on," I heard Jennie and Mr. Anyle muttering under their breaths.

"Boom," went the chandelier. Our last light source was gone.