December: Part 4

It had been about a week since Harry had kissed Louis, and it was still the only thing he thought about. When he drove Louis home that day, he stared at Louis' lips and thought "I kissed Louis." When he saw Liam, 2 days after, the first thing he had screamed was "I kissed Louis." Every night this week, he had fallen asleep thinking "I kissed Louis." Even though nothing "serious" was going on with them, Harry reassured himself throughout the day with "I kissed Louis." And now, sitting across a table from Louis, inside of some coffee shop, all he could possibly think was "I kissed Louis."

They had gone out little places a few more times, maybe to eat, or walk around. Louis still wasn't talking about his flat, or bringing Harry there, but that was ok with Harry. He knew Louis needed some things to happen in certain ways sometimes, and he would wait as long as necessary to visit Louis' flat. This afternoon, however, Harry had invited Louis out to get hot chocolate with him. (NOT solely for the purpose that Louis always looked so cute sipping out of his little cup, and his cheeks flushed from the warmth, not at all.) Harry was actually planning on asking Louis over to his flat, to meet Liam. Liam was excited about meeting Harry's "boyfriend", and had agreed to come over to his flat to meet Louis. The problem with this plan though, was if Louis would want to meet someone new.

He stared at Louis, as Louis stayed quiet, intently looking at his drink. He was perfectly adorable. Today, Louis was sporting a silver jumper, with little sparkly threads strung through it. He had his gray beanie balancing on top of his caramel fringe, and his normal black jeans on his legs. Harry knew that there happened to be a little pink flower crown in his bag that rested at his feet. He had gotten very, very, nervous in the car, and anxiously taken off the crown. He was worried that people in the coffee shop, or more specifically, Harry, would think he was weird or be embarrassed by him. Harry had desperately tried to reassure him that it wasn't a big deal. He had even thrown in that he thought Louis looked precious in his little flower crowns. But Louis just stuffed it in his bag, and replied that he would wear his beanie instead. Either way, he looked beautiful, and that was enough for Harry.

"So love," Harry said, leaning over the table a bit. He used a calm voice, not wanting to permanently spook Louis before he even got to the hard part of this conversation. Louis, who was currently fixed on his drink, glanced up a bit through his eyelashes at Harry. His tiny hands came and set the cup down on the table, as he offered a shy smile towards Harry. Harry eagerly smiled back, as Louis addressed him.

"Yes Haz?" He asked, blue eyes fixed on Harry's green ones. Harry sucked in a breath, and silently prayed that he wouldn't make Louis too nervous.

"I was wondering if, maybe later, you would want to come over to my flat?" Harry stopped here, as he realized that Louis wasn't holding his gaze anymore. Instead, he was staring down at the table, hands clinging onto the edges of it. Louis' breaths were rapidly increasing, and Harry couldn't tell if he was listening or not. He chose to drop the question, in order to calm Louis down first.

"Louis, love. Can you hear me? Please don't shut me out, I want to help you." No response. Harry cursed under his breath, as he continued. He was going for a stronger tactic now, as he decided to use sweet words and little nicknames on Louis. "Darling, please listen. You might make yourself sick, and I don't want that. I want the healthy, adorable little Louis to come back. Listen, ok Lou? Will you nod if you can hear me? Can you do that?" Harry was still staring at Louis, who hadn't moved from his position. But, he noticed a minuscule nod of his head, which was an improvement.

"Wonderful baby, you're doing great. Now, I'm going to finish what I was going to ask you." Louis took a sharp breath in, and Harry heard little wheezing sounds. As much as he wanted to panic, he didn't. He needed to stay calm, if he wanted Louis to be calm. "I know it's scaring you, but listen first. I'm not going to force you into anything, but you might like what I'm going to say. Nod if that's alright, please Louis?" Harry bit his lip, hoping for a response. There was, with another tiny nod.