JJ pt 2 (Requested)

A few weeks later, you were discharged from the hospital and were on mandated bed rest for a month. The team would come by and help you with what you needed and for that you were forever grateful. But now, you were free to roam amongst the earth again- of course you were confined to a boot and the capability of walking only for a few minutes at a time. You were just finishing getting ready for the day when the doorbell rang. You hobbled to the door and opened it to reveal JJ standing in the doorway. "Hey, (Y/N). How are you feeling today?" You opened the door wider to let her in. "I'm doing better. Still trying to get used to the boot but at least I can walk now. Do you want something to drink?" You offered while walking to the kitchen. "No, I'm alright." You took your medicine and then walked back to the living room. "So what's up?" "Remember that time I asked you if you wanted to go out sometime? We'll, I was wondering if you wanted to get breakfast with me?" You blushed and tucked a piece of hair behind your ear. "Yeah, I'd like that. Let me go grab my phone and I'll be back." You went to stand up but she gently pushed you back down. "I'll get it for you. Just relax." She gave you a small smile and rushed into the bedroom. You sighed and adjusted your sock so your boot wasn't agitating your leg. "Here you go. Let's go get something to eat, I'm starving." You put your phone in your pocket and allowed JJ to help you up off the couch. Eventually you both made it to the restaurant, a cute little café down the street from your apartment. You both ordered and sat in a comfortable silence, watching people walk up and down the streets. "Have you told anybody?" You looked over and saw JJ staring at you. "About what?" She gave you a 'duh' look. "Us." You shook your head. "How are we gonna tell the team?" You swirled your tea around in your cup before looking up. "They're gonna find out about us eventually, I mean that's they're job- our job. We should just come clean." You said while twiddling your thumbs, a nervous habit you had picked up over the years. "We can go after breakfast if you want. I have to pick up a few files and then we can go back to your place and just relax." You blushed. "Sure." You both ate and decided it was now or never. You took a cab to the office and took the elevator up. You took a deep breath and shoved your hands in your pocket. "Hey, it's gonna be okay. I'm right here, so there's nothing Robb's worried about." "What if they don't... accept it?" "They will. I promise." You offered her a smile before the doors opened. You walked into the office and saw everyone lounging around. You cleared your throat and saw Morgan turn and look at you. He nudged Spencer and soon the whole team was walking over. "Hey, (Y/N)! How you doing?" "I'm doing pretty well. I'm finally able to walk around now but I've still got to wear this thing for a little while." "Well I'm glad you're feeling better. I don't mean this in a rude way, but what are you doing here?" You chuckled at Spencer'a bluntness. "JJ said she needed to stop by and grab a few things and then we were gonna go back to my place. She's offered to help me out for the day." JJ walked back and stood next to you. "And we also needed to tell you guys something." You gulped and felt your hands start to shake. "(Y/N) and I are dating." You held your breath and searched everyone's faces. "You owe me $20 bucks, Morgan." You looked over at Rossi and saw him smirking while Derek pulled out a $20 bill from his pocket. "Wait, you guys knew?!" "Had a hunch." Rossi said while shrugging and stuffing the money into his pocket. "It's not a big deal. We're happy for you both. Just don't let it interfere with your work, otherwise Mr. Sunshine up there will start to get cranky." He said while pointing his finger toward's Hotch's office. You giggled but stopped when your foot started to hurt. "I hate to cut the fun short but I think her foot is starting to hurt; too much fun for one day. Call me if you need anything." JJ said before wrapping an arm around your shoulder and helping you to the elevator. You guys made it to your apartment and she set you down on the couch. You took the boot off and propped it up. "Do you mind getting me an ice pack and some ibuprofen?" "Yeah of course, baby." She said before walking into the kitchen, you blushed at the nickname. She came back and rested the ice pack on your foot and handed you the pills. "Thank you. You really don't have to be here, you know. You clearly have work to do." She rested her hand on your thigh. "I want to be here. I'm here to help you with whatever you need for the day." You gave her a smile. You both stared at each other and felt the world around you slowly fade away. She slowly leaned in and your breath caught in your throat. "If you don't want this, just say so." She whispered. You closed your eyes and let out a sigh. "I want this." The next thing you know, her lips are on yours. The kiss was slow, as if she was afraid to hurt you. She pulled back and kissed your forehead before retreating to the kitchen table and delving herself into her work. You sat there and tried to process what happened. In a daze, you picked up the remote to the tv. You settled on a Disney movie, but you weren't really paying attention; your mind was frolicking through the fields of dreamland. "(YN)... (Y/N)... Hey, wake up." You felt somebody shaking your shoulder and you looked around you confused. "When did I fall asleep?" JJ chuckled and walked into the kitchen. "About 4 hours ago. You really worked yourself out today. I went ahead and made dinner, I hope you're hungry." You sat up and watched as she brought two bowls of potato soup into the living room. "Be careful, it's a little hot. I hope you like it." You offered her a thank you before taking the bowl. "JJ, did we really... you know... kiss or was I just dreaming." She took a bite of her soup and took a minute to think before answering. "It really happened. Listen, I know we just made it public and I shouldn't have forced you into something like that. I'm sorry." You put the bowl down and readjusted the pillow behind you. "JJ, you didn't force me into anything I didn't want. I've waited a while for you to do that, I just wanted to make sure it actually happened and it wasn't the pain pills making me hallucinate." She chuckled and put her bowl down on the table. "So you wouldn't mind if I did it again?" You bit your bottom lip. "I wouldn't mind at all." And with that she kissed you again. "I love you, (Y/N)." "I love you too, JJ."