Love 'Em And Leave 'Em Fast

I stood there outside my house, like a total idiot, no clue what to do. I panicked and called the firefighters.

I couldn't wait for them to come, so I ran into the house, not even thinking, and started calling the boys.

I thought the worst. What if this destroyed the future? I would have killed Queen.

"Brian!? Freddie!? John!? Roger!??" I screamed through the house.

"Hazel...?" I heard someone cough, and I knew it was Roger.

"Roger!?? Where are you?"

I saw him running down the hallway, his hand over his mouth, coughing and spluttering.

I grabbed him in my arms and pulled him out of the house.

"Where are the rest of the boys?" I asked once we got outside.

"Freddie was in bed... Brian is unconscious on the floor... I don't know where John is.." he said, crying.

I ran back into the house, calling the boys.

I saw Brian lying on the ground in the kitchen, where it looked like the fire was started.

I grabbed him by the arms and practically dragged him out. As I was pulling him, I saw John sitting up against the wall, barely able to keep his eyes open.

I brought Brian out to Roger and he tried waking him up. I ran back into John and put his arm on my shoulder so I could get him out.

All that was left was Freddie. John insisted he come in with me but I refused to let him. Just then, the fire fighters arrived and started putting out the fire. I told them there was someone still in there.

We all waited nervously for them to come out... But they still hadn't. Brian hadn't woken up either, depsite Rogers desperate attempts.

"We had a fight before the fire... I don't want him to die and be angry at me..." He said, crying.

I pulled him into a hug.

"Roger... He'll be fine." I told him.

John sat with tears in his eyes as he waited for Freddie to be saved. I thought Deacury was just something us crazy Queenies came up with, but this proved it to be very true.

Finally, after some long minutes of waiting, the fire crew ran out with Freddie in their arms. He wasn't awake, but at least he was out. I heard John breathe a sigh of relief.

The fire fighters had called an ambulance too, who put us all in. Brian and Freddie were still unconscious, and John, Roger and I watched nervously for any movement from them.

We arrived at the hospital and I called my mother. I knew I had to tell her what was going on. She would be curious, especially after our house had practically burned down.

"Mummy?" I asked, once she answered. I usually called her Mummy when I was scared.

"Sweetie? What's wrong?" She asked.

"This is going to sound insane... But the members of Queen..." I wasn't able to finish my sentence.

"Oh.. baby, did one of them pass away? Look, this happens. You just hav-"

"No! They're here."

"What? Ivy, have you taken something?"

"No. Mum. They just appeared yesterday morning. Now the house is burned down and I'm here in the hospital with them." I merged my words together.

"Wait... Go back. The house is burned down?"

"Mum! Just get here!"

She hung up.

I went into the private room where Roger had been brought, seeing as his injuries were fairly mild.

"What happened?" I asked, sitting on the bed.

"Brian was at the toaster and John had been washing dishes. I think the toaster burst into flames and spread to the cabinets and in a panic Brian threw the toaster into the sink. I think he got electrocuted."

I put my head in my hands.

Just then, my mother walked into the room.

She looked at Roger like he had three heads.

"What's going on? What happened?" She asked.

"The house went on fire. Brian had an accident with the toaster." I told her.

"If I wasn't standing in front of Roger Taylor right now, I would think you were dilusional. Actually, I do anyways. What... What's going on?" She said.

"None of us know. All of Queen are here. I don't know how but.."

The nurse came in and looked a bit shocked.

"Um.. Mr Mercury is awake and stable. So is Mr May." She told us and then left.

I looked over at my mother. She was just staring at Roger, trying to figure out what was going on.

I sat beside him and started talking, making him laugh. I was so pleased he was okay. We hadn't ended on the best of terms earlier that day.

//////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

The boys were all sent home with creams and antibiotics... And confused looks from the patients and doctors.

My mum had to work a night shift, so she was left.

I brought the guys home and we examined the damage. It seemed only the kitchen was damaged. It hadn't spread that far, thankfully.

I let Freddie and Brian go to bed. John said he wanted to as well. They were all exhausted. Roger said he was feeling fine, so the both of us went into my room.

He started looking through my vinyls.

"I'm surprised you still have vinyls." He told me, flicking through them. 

"Yeah.. I like how they sound though." I said.

He pulled out 'Mad, Bad And Dangerous To Know' by the Cross.

"I've never heard of this?" He said.

"Turn it around." I told him.

He saw the picture of the band on the back.

"Is that.. me?" He asked.

I nodded.

"Woah. I don't age too bad." He giggled.

"Do you want me to play it?" I asked.

He nodded and I placed it on the record player. I knew he would like to hear Final Destination, a song he wrote about his girlfriend at the time of that album.

"Wow. This is actually okay. Who's it about?" He asked.

"Can't tell you, I'm afraid."

He frowned and then laughed. We listened to most of the album when I noticed he had fallen asleep leaning against my bed.

I pulled him up and helped him into the bed, putting the duvet over him.

"Hazel?" He asked.

"Yeah?"

"Can you get in beside me?"

I hesitated a bit but then he looked at me and  pouted so I took my shoes off and got in, planning to leave once he fell asleep again.

He pulled my head onto his chest and played with my hair.

I felt so uncomfortable but so comfortable at the same time. It was such an odd experience.

Soon the both of us had fallen asleep.

I never thought I could say "I fell asleep in Roger Taylor's arms."