Chapter 1: The Special Mirage Wielder

CHAPTER 1

The Special Mirage Wielder

CHAPTER 1.1

I want an adventurous and exciting life! Like a bell that will suddenly ring in my mind beckoning me... To start my adventure...

In the campus of Salochri High, Junko busily draws a scene when she felt sleepy.

"Huh?" Junko yawns. What the... Sounds like... she thought.

A bell is ringing in a soft, calming tune.

"A bell?" Junko thought, "It's making me sleepy..."

The sound of the bell lulls her to sleep. She is then transported to a small room, a four-cornered room with little decorations. It wasn't too dull either. It was more like a bedroom more than a living room. There were eight kinds of roses---pink, blue, red, yellow, white, silver, gold, and black---in a tall, white vase placed beside the door. The door was a glass sliding door leading to nowhere if opened. But it was locked tight. Junko wakes up on a long, soft velvet-red sofa.

"Mmm... Ah?! What is this place?" Junko was amazed as she rubs her eyes and looks around. It's so simple yet, beautiful too. But... Why there are no windows? She thought.

"I see you are awake," a mysterious bespectacled lady said, "We have been expecting you, did you have a nice trip?" she smiled.

She was sitting on a same sofa in front of Junko. An oval, medium-sized coffee table was between them. It had smaller roses of eight colors on a small vase for a centerpiece. She is fair-skinned, and has short wavy purple hair. Her eyes are also purple and were demure too. She wears a long turtle-neck flowing dress with a silk shawl resting on her arms. She seems kind-looking too.

"Uh, I... You were expecting me?" Junko politely asked.

"Yes," another girl said. She is also fair-skinned, and has long orange-red hair. Her eyes are of the same color and it didn't look strict. She wore a long orange-red dress with white knee-high boots. She was sitting beside the lady.

"Welcome to the Surreal Realm, a place that exists beyond reality and dreams," the long-haired girl said.

"I am Mana," she spoke, "a resident of this place."

"And this is my assistant, Crimson," introducing the long-haired girl.

"Pleased to meet you," Crimson smiled.

"Why am I here?" Junko clasps her skirt, "And why there are no windows?" she continues.

"A good question," Mana said. "As you can see, there are no windows. This place reflects on the guest's personality. It changes shape as the guest grows."

"In other words," Crimson added, "it shows what kind of person Mistress' guest is," she holds out her hand in front of Junko and said, "Like you for example."

"So this place is my personality?" Junko tilts her head a little.

Mana nods, "You are a quiet one, which is why it only has one opening. You seclude to yourself and your fiery side only reveals itself occasionally. Am I right?"

"How did you know? And please tell me why you summoned me." Junko looks down shyly and twirls her fingers a bit.

"I watch over all, and this room tells all about you," Mana replied. "I won't keep you for long, we'll make this quick."

Mana tells Junko that she is overwhelmed with happiness to have as her first guest. She was glad to find a unique personality like Junko's. Now, she asks her to become the Special Mirage Wielder, someone who can control all elements and with a unique ability.