Chapter 2

*1 week later*

"I honestly can't believe you're leaving us," Lydia laughed tearfully. "Yeah, who's gonna walk me down the aisle when you leave?!" added Rachel. "Guys, calm down. I'll come visit when I get time off. And Rach, of course I'm gonna be at your wedding you doof. I'm running the bar remember," I laughed, trying to hold back some tears as well.

"I'm gonna miss you guys," I pouted, not wanting to burst out crying. "We'll miss you too Maya," Jordan replied, trying to hold herself together.

It was burning me from the inside. I was unsure of whether or not I would see her after that day over a month ago. I doubt she's even gonna see me off. What am I saying? I don't want her here anyway. I closed my eyes and turned towards the entrance of the airport, hoping that when I opened them, she would be standing there, her eyes pleading with apology.

Sadly, there was nothing there. At that moment, I knew that what we once had was no more, and there was nothing that I could do about it.

"Flight BW1250 to Los Angeles, California now boarding. Please exit to gate 4. Thank you"

As the speakers blared through the airport, I turned to my friends and family, tears trickling down my cheek.

"Well guys, I guess this is it," I confessed, my voice barely audible. "Take care of yourself, ok?" my dad said, engulfing me in one last hug. "I will, don't worry. I'll call as soon as I land," I assured him, hearing him sniff in order to hold back some tears.

"Bye guys," I waved to my friends as I made my way to the check out point. Suddenly, the last thing I ever expected to happen occurred. "MAYA! MAYA WAIT!" screamed that familiar voice that I could recognize anywhere.

I spun around on my heels, seeing her push past random people, trying to make her way to the large group who came to see me off. My jaw clenched with anger, but my eyes softened with sympathy.

She ran up to me, panting and gasping for breath. "What are you doing here Skyler?" I spat, my voice dripping with venom. Her face immediately dropped at the sound of my statement. "I came to see you go," she replied, her head hanging low.

"See me go? See me go?! You ran me out of your life over a month ago Skyler! You were supposed to be my best friend! What happened to 'Maya and Skyler against the world'? Didn't you think of it when you 'saw me off' last month?" I said through clenched teeth, trying not to make a scene.

"I-I uh...I didn't-" she stuttered. "Save it," I said, holding my hand up in front of me. "You hurt me Skyler. You made a fool out of me. You destroyed me for the people that hate me the most. Do you really think that I will forgive you? Please," I scoffed, not wanting to carry on this conversation anymore.

"I miss you Maya. I miss what we had. We were each others other half. It was always Maya and Skyler. We were never without the other. What can I do to get that back? It's killing me more than you know when I wake up every morning and I can't text or call you to tell you what I dreamt the night before," she stated, tears swelling in her eyes.

My heart felt as though it was being broken into a million pieces. It always hurt me to see her cry, but I wasn't going to let this affect me anymore. She made the mistakes, it was up to her to fix them.

"Look, Skyler, I've gotta go. When you sort yourself out and know what you really want, give me a call. Until then, stay out of my life. Please," my voice was bitter and cold, but she deserved it.

I turned my back and proceeded to head to my gate. Skyler was not getting back into my life that easily, although I missed her with every single part of me. She hurt me. She hurt me badly. But that was no excuse.

I turned one last time to wave at my family and friends, seeing Skyler distraught, tears streaming down her face. As much as it broke me to see her like that, I continued walking, eventually out of their sight.

***

And that concludes chapter 2. Don't forget to vote and comment guys. I would really appreciate it. Thanks <3