Game of Neglect

Your P.O.V.

It has been a few days and it is now Yona's birthday.... she is turning 16, while me and Hak's relationship hasn't even moved an inch, since the kiss... it has just been awkward. But I guess that's a good thing for the sake of the kingdom.

I have been emotionless, eating less, and having less of a positive attitude. It's like nothing has changed... except..... We don't know each other anymore. We ignore each other at meals, and guard different places of the castle at night. Like strangers.

(Y/n): Happy birthday, Yona....

Yona: Thanks, (Y/n)! A-are you okay...?

(Y/n): Mmm...

I haven't told Yona anything. I believe that Hak hasn't either. I don't want her to find out... I don't want her to worry. I just want the best for her...

Hak was inside the room and nodded his head, he looked the other direction... Jerk... I thought. He could at least talk to me like I exist, are we playing the neglect game now? Because 2 can do that. I see Yona, looking at me, as if she want to go to the secret hideout with me... I shake my head slightly and look away with a fake smile.

(Y/n): Yona, is your birthday... don't worry about me..... I'm fine.

Yona: B-but (Y-

Hak: Drop the subject!

Hak said with a serious but toned voice. I got scared of it, but didn't show it. I blushed a little. As much as I hated him at the time, I still loved him. I just didn't know what to do. As emotionless as I was, I still had to keep my positivity up, for Yona's party.

~Timeskip~

The party has ended and I was hanging out with Yona, Hak was guarding the castle. I didn't talk to Yona at all, she sat on her bed trying to brush her hair.

Yona: Hey, (Y/n), I'm going to my father's room. I'll be right back!

(Y/n): You don't want me to come with you...?

Yona: I'll be fine! There are plenty of guards around here.

(Y/n): Okay, if you get back before I do, then I'll be in the bathroom.

She nodded her head and started dashing through the hallway, I walked out and headed outside to get some fresh air (An: She didn't actually want to go to the bathroom). I heard voices, just within earshot. I came closer to a corner, hiding. I realized who it was...

Min-Su: So you didn't apologize at all?!

Hak: What's there to apologize for?! She's the one who won't talk to me!

Min-Su: Don't talk like that, Hak! That just makes you a hypocrite.

Hak: And what do you mean by that?!

Min-Su: I've seen the way you two act now, and you ignore her just as much as she ignores you! Why don't you be the man, and apologize first! Then she might forgive you... and maybe not give you so much neglect.

Hak: But how am I supposed to face her..... if I love her. Tell me how I do that without getting stabbed in the heart if she rejects me! Tell me!

Hak said it with pure rage. I could see it in his eyes. I almost felt like crying. He still loved me...? I wish I could run up to him and hug him, telling him I loved him. But... I couldn't.

I heard yelling soo after that... Yona...? I could see that Hak heard it too... we both dashed as fest as we could to the area.

When we got there, Hak gripped his glaive as I did with my spear. Then I saw it... all crashing down before me....

I swing my spear back and forth, taking out about 5 people... wait... they looked just like guards from the castle! I looked over and dashed to Yona's side.

Hak & (Y/n): We are sorry we left your side... Princess

(Y/n): Su-Won! What is going on! Where is King Il?!

Su-Won: Just a moment ago... I sent him to hell...

Hak: Wh-YOU BASTARD! TELL THE TRUTH

Hak said as he immediately charged at Su-Won. I held off all of the guards who were after Yona while Hak was at it.

I grabbed Yona and ran as fast as I could out of there, hoping that Hak would fallow.

(Y/n): Min-Su! Take her somewhere safe, I will be right behind you!

Hak: Me too.

I jumped a little because of the surprise. Turned out, Hak was standing right behind me.

~Timeskip~ (cause Riku is horrible at fighting scenes! As you can tell :3)

We ran out of the castle and into the mountains.... Min-Su... I'm sorry. Hak held my hand while I held Yona's. I blushed and just went with it. We went on for a while and wanted to get some rest. Yona leaned on my shoulder and fell asleep fast.

Now it was just me and Hak... I leaned my head against his shoulder and he blushed.

(Y/n): I'm really... really sorry.....

Hak: It's okay... let's just keep it a secret... okay? I-I love you... go to bed idiot...

(Y/n): Hmhm... okay.

"Goodnight, Hak..."

{Aarrggg.... my chapters keep getting worse. I promise the next one will be fun and cheery, cause it's time to visit the wind clan.}

~Riku